DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a generic CAI last week, it goes from the stock cover so the senser is still in the stock location! My question is, I took the truck on a long trip and avg'd 14.7mpg now it's showing 4.7ish!!!! Is there a reason for this, does it need time to learn the new amount of air??? I haven't run a tank through yet so I'm not sure if it's really chugging the gas that hard or not! Any help would be great!

One more thing, how do you get the old airbox mount out???

Thanks,
Matty

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
So I installed a generic CAI last week, it goes from the stock cover so the senser is still in the stock location! My question is, I took the truck on a long trip and avg'd 14.7mpg now it's showing 4.7ish!!!!
Wow, that is quite a drop. If I was you I would fill up and calculate it by hand.

·
Registered
801 Posts
If you are talking about the box where your filter used to be, then you have to take that plastic lining out from around your wheel to get to the bolts. Mine, a 3.7 had just 2 bolts holding the box in, then just put the wheel lining back together.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are talking about the box where your filter used to be, then you have to take that plastic lining out from around your wheel to get to the bolts. Mine, a 3.7 had just 2 bolts holding the box in, then just put the wheel lining back together.
Thanks, I was hoping that was what needed to be done! Oh well!

·
bubbagoonboy
798 Posts
i had close to the same problems with my 5.9 after i installed a k&n cold air intake. The steps that i took were
1. negative battery
2. go drink 3 beers (about 20 minutes)
3. hook battery
4. drive around and see if it worked (drive slower if beer was drank):bman:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had close to the same problems with my 5.9 after i installed a k&n cold air intake. The steps that i took were
1. negative battery
2. go drink 3 beers (about 20 minutes)
3. hook battery
4. drive around and see if it worked (drive slower if beer was drank):bman:
LOL sounds like my kind of fix!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.