DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any idea what i should get for mpg. because i got 11.5 last tank. i could of stayed out of it a little more.

·
"I'll go all in."
626 Posts
Even with 4.10s you should be getting better then that. What size tires are you running? I've got 315s and I get 13.5 with 3.55 gears.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found a small leak between the lift pump and filter see what happens, my tires are 265s

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Winter conditions don't allow the fuel to vaporize much then the winterized fuel doesn't have as many BTU's per pound either. Add in some warm-up idling time and it all means the same thing, less mpg.
I plug in the block heater, start & go, a piece of cardboard between the aftercooler & radiator and drive the speed limit & no faster than 60 mph to maintain some resemblance of fuel economy.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you clunk. i did change my tires to 285's today also. looks much better lol

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I like the 285's better too.
They really fill up the wheelwells on a dually too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
mileage

I have same year, 4wd, 4"magnaflow exhaust, k n induction, edge juice with attitude, auxiliary fp. ,are dcu, kargomaster rack, bedslide. 24mpg highway, 17 -18 city if I drive reasonably light on throttle. On highway I found that with the edge on level 3 you dont really see a significant drop in mpg(according to the computer) even under fairly hard acceleration. I think the edge sets up conditions for more efficient burn and of course as you accelerate the turbo works much more efficiently so mpg barely drops off. Startin to love my cummins! The sound of the turbo winding makes me feel reel good. lol

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what rear gears?

·
"I'll go all in."
626 Posts
I believe a gearvendors unit is some where in the range of $3,000 to $4,000.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.