DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moving to SoCal for a while....issues with modded truck?

549 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Jimmycondoms 
#1 ·
I'll only be there for a year so I won't be changing my registration or anything. I keep a permanent Texas residence so for all intents I'll just be visiting....for a really long time.

Any issues with out of state vehicles with mods like tinted windows, long tube headers, superchargers, etc?

#2 ·
what part of socal? and you shouldnt have problems being out of state. Im pretty sure its law that you register your car within a few months? You military?

#3 ·
I have a big project out there in El Segundo. I leased a house in Hermosa Beach but did it through my company. I won't be a Ca resident so I won't be registering either of my trucks out there....but I hear heavily modded rides are hassled out there and most of my mods aren't Ca smog legal.

#5 ·
Welcome to Sunny So. Cal.!
Hermosa is a great area to live and I don't see why you would be driving when you could be on the beach hanging with the Bettys.

- When are you moving here so we can plan a GTG with a few of the locals?
- I just scheduled a Dyno Day on June 8th if you'll be here by then.

#6 ·
I work El Segundo, I dont think you'll have any issues here. The tinted windows can be issues with a couple officers, but they never hassled me yet. I also got a Px from my Doc for eye issues and needing tint to keep from getting blinded.
Unless your exhaust is really loud (no mufflers) I would worry about the local police and their wanting to pull over for noise.

#7 ·
as long you don't have a ricer you will be fine lol...

before my truck..i use to DD a 95 Mustang with a 331 Stroker. Dominator carbed, AFR heads, Long Tubes with electric cutouts, Donkey Kicking AODE with a very loose converter. Tinted windows etc...i get thumbups from the coppers and i had a few of them sit at the red light with me and chat:secret2: me up a storm.

p.s. sweet truck btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.