DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched all over trying to find someone who did this. I don’t like the looks of battery’s in the engine compartment. Anyways I am going to throw my design out there. It’s not finished but it’s all down hill from here and if you can make this part you can build a hold down and paint it. Hope this helps anyone else in the future that wants to move there battery out from under the hood. It still needs to be wired but I’m not posting all that unless there is a huge response on this wanting more info.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is my cobbled up drawing that were done after a couple of beers. That might be some beer on the paper. All are 90 degree bends done on a manual finger brake. I believe it was 14ga steel not sheet metal. Stuff we had laying around the shop. That’s why you see some small screw holes that are out of place. The tray is 7.5x12 with 1” lip all the way around. The width on the paper says 15” but I couldn’t find a 15” piece laying around the shop so it’s around 12.5 to 13”. Fastens in 3 places on the truck. My front leaf spring perch is flipped to lower the truck. Tire and fender brace is removed to change the battery. This is a short bed regular cab 2wd. I hope that is all the info you will need.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
yah I admit. it would be nice to have the battery somewhere else and the room under the hood.
I admire the passion for truck and your workmanship. I also am contemplating the pros and cons of having the battery there. is the battery too fragile, subjected to toss off from the tire? in the line of fire?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always could add a removable shield to the tire side.if it was a 4wd with a lot of mud slinging it probably not be the best location. With the size of the battery there was really no other choice but inside the bed. This is a similar location that the ford/Chevy has chasis mounted batteries in there dual battery applications. Most are not that close to the wheel. For me it is out of sight and that is where I want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.