DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mounting 2 KC daylighters behind the grill. I have them in but I am wondering about the shock mount. Did you keep both rubber pieces on top or does one go under the channel above the nut???? Thanks!

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
I would think it would go on each side of whatever your mounting to instead of stacked. If they were stacked, why would there be two pieces? I don't have mine in hand to look at them but that's my logic. Hopefully someone who has installed them can chime in.

·
Fireball!!!
1,049 Posts
I don't think the bottom one will fit. You may have to use the top one only...or you can trim the bottom to fit.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is correct the bottom one will not fit in the channel. I could cut it down to fit and I thought that one should be on top and one on bottom. Then I looked at the KC web page and it showed on some of their light bars that both rubber pieces were on top of the mounting tab.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
I finally put mine in today and yall are right, the bottom one doesn't fit if your mounting on the crossmember. I ended up not putting them on the crossmember and built a little light bar to solve the problem. I only used one of the rubber spacers and metal rings and haven't seen any vibration from the lights.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice an pictures yet? I am also ony using 1 side of the rubber mounts right now. Still need to run the wiring. Where did you tap in for the switched 12VDC to the switch on the dash?

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
I'll take some pics tonight. As for the switch 12V, I have so many other things wired in truck that I put in a little 12V terminal block for powering all of the smaller items. I ran that off of the battery, fused of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.