DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To date the 4.7L has 4 intake manifolds available.
  1. 1999-2001 INTAKE MANIFOLD - WORST DESIGN... REPLACE ASAP!
  2. 2002 INTAKE MANIFOLD - IMPROVEMENT OVER 1999-2001 INTAKE MANIFOLDS
  3. 2002 H/O INTAKE MANIFOLD - Once considered the best factory intake (No longer available)
  4. 2003 INTAKE MANIFOLD - Improvement over the 2002 INTAKE MANIFOLD and comparable to the 2002 H/O INTAKE MANIFOLD
  5. 2008 INTAKE MANIFOLD - HANDS DOWN THE BEST DESIGN! Current 2008 4.7L makes over 300HP!
Up till today the 2008 INTAKE MANIFOLD could not be used on the older 4.7L engines because its uses a PCM controlled throttle body with a 4 bolt pattern throttle body and you could not mount your cable throttle body to it... until now.

We now have CNC'ed bullet adapters available to allow you to mount your 1999-2007 cable throttle body to the 2008+ Intake manifold. This will allow for a PLUG & PLAY set up and come with the needed Throttle body Cable bracket and all hardware needed to install. These high quality CNC'ed machined adapters make use of rubber seals for a reusable sealing surface.

This intake is the best FACTORY intake ever made... the new 4.7L is making over 300HP with this INTAKE MANIFOLD!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2008 4.7L INTAKE MANIFOLD COMBO PACKAGE!

2008 INTAKE MANIFOLD​

INTAKE SPACER (A INSTALLED)

INTAKE SPACER (A+B INSTALLED)

INTAKE SPACER (A+B+ 2003 THROTTLE BODY INSTALLED)

If there are any questions please feel free to contact me.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Attachments

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
the 300 dollars is outrageous for the adapter. i completely understand the r&d that went into this but it isnt up to the customer to pay that back to you. you are providing a product and yes you can charge whatever you want but the price should not reflect all the hours and time and price that the first one cost for you to make. think of the quantity of these if you would sell them as a reasonable price nick. it is no more than a throttle body spacer (material-wise). i think a lot of guys here think the same thing. i know a LOT of 4.7 owners (dodge rams, daks, durangos, cherokees 2002 to 2008) would jump on this if they knew it didnt cost MORE than the intake itself.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
some of the pics aren't showing up.........

Looks pretty cool for the 4.7 owners. Good job in getting this to the market

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
is that 300$ for everything? intake,tb spacer,and bracket.

·
Registered
439 Posts
So, when would be a good time to do this mod or what should you have done befor hand? Where does the 04 intake fall in line with the rest?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 300 dollars is outrageous for the adapter. i completely understand the r&d that went into this but it isnt up to the customer to pay that back to you. you are providing a product and yes you can charge whatever you want but the price should not reflect all the hours and time and price that the first one cost for you to make. think of the quantity of these if you would sell them as a reasonable price nick. it is no more than a throttle body spacer (material-wise). i think a lot of guys here think the same thing. i know a LOT of 4.7 owners (dodge rams, daks, durangos, cherokees 2002 to 2008) would jump on this if they knew it didnt cost MORE than the intake itself.
Sorry Zac, you clearly dont understand what creates worth/value/extended cost. I can not afford to give you or anyone else a free ride on this one no matter how much you jump up and down suggesting Im attempting to rip you off. The price is what it cost to make pluse a very small proffit on top. Im sorry you feel that Im trying to some how gouge the price when we clearly offer the lowest prices on just about everything on our site. If we dont its normally because we did not know it was not the lowest. So I know all about sales and selling in volume and not singles. The sad fact is, these adapters cost me more then even I thought they would cost, I had the same OMG additude up till I saw what had to happen for these to happen. Also YES the customer pays for ALL R&D and manufacturing... thats how the worth/cost of a product is ditermined... You cant sell somthing for less then what it cost to make... you lose money when you do that... no matter how many you sell... you will lose money. I dont expect you to agree with that... but thats the deal. I am sorry it did not work out in your favor.

Your also forgetting that its NOT just one Adapter.... Its literally two adapters sandwitched together... so thats 150.00 each... Each adapter requiers its own special CNC time... and hardware. So they are priced more then affordably... its just you need two of them to make it work. If we could do it with ONE adapter then we would be able to do it at HALF PRICE.

It is what it is, its available... dont hate me for bringing them to you... hate the cost of meterials R&D and CNC time cost.

And yes of course its up to the customer to pay it back... So what your suggesting is the 3000+ bucks I have invested, I should just do a $10.00 mark up? So we would be looking at selling 300 of them before I ever brake even? Unfortunatly even at our current price we will have to sell over 200 of them to brake even... so If you want a better deal... look into a group purchase. Thats the only way I can knock down the price. Basically I would order 10 sets but I would requier a minimum of 5 sets ordered. We can set up a GP for 260.00 for the adapters... and the only way to get that lower would be to order 15-20 at a time... do you see the trend here? Volume has much to do with the price.

Im sorry, but it is what it is... I cant afford to give them away. If you need them then they are avaialbe.. If you think they are too expensive then dont buy them they are clearly not for you.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
*subscribed*

·
rptr00
288 Posts
I think that dyno numbers would help alot here. Understand that you intend to do it, but until people know what it will do for them, they will complain about the cost.

subscribed:popcorn:

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that dyno numbers would help alot here. Understand that you intend to do it, but until people know what it will do for them, they will complain about the cost.

LOL, I agree 100% but that will not happen until I return from Iraq... and honestly I'm not to worried if people want to sit on the fence and wait for others to step up and lead the way. These where brought out because it is a great idea and we have had more then a handful of people who have suggested "BUILD IT AND WE WILL BUY" We did and Im sure they will... so the intended demographic was not the followers of the 4.7L world but more so for the leaders... and lets face it there are not to many of those running around. We have sold two sets so far and Im sure there will be more... So its only a mater of time before results will be out... in the meen time Im busy loading bombs and allowing the bad guys the opportunity to die for their cause.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
4,261 Posts

I happen to know of a near stock 4.7 Ram (yes I returned my truck to stock because I almost traded it on a 09 w/Hemi) that happens to reside less than 5 miles from AirRams contact address that would be a good dyno mule for the 08+ intake, in a worst case, stock engine scenario. I bet there is 30 HP @ 5,600 rpm in the 08+ intake over my 06 design. It will be such a straight forward swap, I am dying to do it.

·
rptr00
288 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
576 Posts
How many have jumped on the group buy already?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
So far we have 3 sold and 3 shipped out.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Have you heard back from any of the buyers about the gains?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you heard back from any of the buyers about the gains?
We have had feedback from one who has it installed and running with a 72mm F&B throttle body. He says its a night and day difference over his 2003 intake and 70mm throttle body.

So far no numbers... but we will soon enough... we have over 10 sets out in the public right now, so its only a matter of time.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Cool thanks

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
any results in yet?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.