DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dark Night
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its getting close and closer to that 100,00 miles marker:rolleyes::rolleyes: and ive had that dreadful tick for a long time, but now it doesnt sound like a tick it sounds more like a knock:bawl:... i dont know if its just me being a lil over cautious but im taking it the my mechanic tomorrow and see what he says... but in the mean time is it worth it to rebuild? or just by new? some links to rebuild kits or anything much appreciated!!

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
unless your motor is a lemon, 100k shouldn't be a big milestone man
mine's got 104k, if i keep the oil fresh (amsoil 5w20) it just has a slight tick, but i have to keep it at just the right level, too little and there isn't enough oil pressure to keep the tick down, too much and there's too much oil pressure to keep the tick down
give her a good seafoaming (crankcase and vaccumm line), plug change, put some cheap oil in it, drive it for 50 miles, then put some high dollar in it, see if that quiets things down a bit

·
Dark Night
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i think that what im going to try next oil change... i shouvle done it this time but didnt... but ill def try the seafoam next! otherwise im def going to look at rebuilding the bad boy

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
if it's making noise now, go ahead and do the seafoam through the vaccuum, then put it in your oil, drive it for 15-20 miles, and change the oil with some cheap oil, drive it for 50-75 miles, then put some good stuff in there, and it should be good

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

·
Dark Night
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol you only need to replace like half of the motors wiring, along with the intake and um prolly a whole lot more lol... i think if worst comes to worst ill just steal the 6.1L out of my pops challenger!!! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.