DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trans used to not shift out of 1st under WOT now it has fixed its self I think the exaust and intake upgrades just confused the computer but I am still geting realy soft shifts and a few hundred RPM flare between shifts in all gears. Under normal gental driveing the problim is not so bad but the harder you get on it the worse it seams. This is realy starting to get on my nerves so any ideas short of a rebuild would be great.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds like your TV cable isnt set right... It may of been frozen up which is why it wouldent shift out of 1st at wot, then suddenly it fixed it self (maybe you hit a bump that freed up the cable)

A overly loose TV cable can make the tranny rev up between gears... its happend to mine but the trans is fine.
Adjust the cable, and then try...

This all happend to me about 15,000 miles or so ago, everyone said i would need a rebuild... I adjusted the cable and its been perfect ever since...

Search TV cable and you will find some diagrams and instructions how to do so.

EDIT: Actually, maybe thats not what it seems like... I just read that the harder you get on it the worse it gets, i must of skipped over that...
I would first try the TV cable, which probably wont help in this situation. Then I would move onto adjsuting the band/ new filter and fluid... and if after that its still bad it will probably need a rebuild or some thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.