DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
rage_blue
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone heard anything about the key trick on the new hemi's? you know turning the key to start while driveing in gear. i've heard it realeses like 70 horse, i've also heard it disables the throttle delay. i would like to know what it really does, any feedback would be nice.

·
mopar91
62 Posts
key trick

I don't know about freeing up 70 horses but i was told by the dodge boys @ the dealer that it will eliminate the top speed gov. if you turn it to start when you get to the top speed.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
No 70 hp. There is a key trick but doesn't really give you anything.

·
Registered
211 Posts
hmm interesting i know on the srt-4 if you click it on and off three times it shows the codes and u can clear them. just fyi dont know about the durango havent tried it.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Do a search on this site. One of the guys had to get towed to the dealership after trying this. I think it cost him $400.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you turn the key to strat while the truck is running be curious as to why your starter is getting ground into a pulp by the starter ring??? I'd have to guess that it would scatter your 70hp into little pieces.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
With the computer being smarter than we are, the starter will not engage when the engine is running.

·
Giddy-up...
928 Posts
With the computer being smarter than we are, the starter will not engage when the engine is running.
ROFL!! :thatfunny

Now that's funny.

·
Registered
211 Posts
damn ken 970tq wow thats nice i wanted the h.o. turbo diesel but wife wouldent let me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
power

I think I read about that in one of those " funny car noises for dummies" books.Well maybe its not that funny but I can't help but laugh when someone else does it.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
The key trick will not give you any extra power. It only allows you to temporarily dissable the top speed limiter incase you feel the need to go more than 105mph.

·
Registered
135 Posts
With the truck in gear, the neutral safety switch will not let the starter engage. To get the starter engaged you must be in either neutral or park!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I believe the Key Trick is for like emergency personel to go beyond the recommend limitations of the truck. But remember the stock tires arent rated for much higher speeds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.