DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I call the dealership this morning to see if they recieved my new fan clutch and seatbelt for the recall in....since they were supposed to call me when they got the part in. They said that they had the parts in...so they say the only day they have open is this coming Monday. Ok well i have to work but ill drop it off at 7AM when they open...I asked if there was any way they could give me a loner/rental car while its being worked on since i have to go to work....and they said that i would have to take a cab...UH...A CAB?!? I asked why they wouldnt let me have a loner car for the day and he said that they only use our local cab service here in Oklahoma City...so they expect me to take my truck up there....wait for a cab....have the cab drive me all the way back to my house...which is a pretty good distance...then drive my other little truck to work and be late? He never would give me an answer on why they wouldnt let me have a loner off the lot or something. I thought when you had a warrenty and had WARRENTY work done at the dealership that i bought the truck from...that you would get a loner car. The dealer that we bought my girlfriends car from gave us a loner when her car was in the shop...so whats the deal with my dealer? :VHOT:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Each delaership is different but I think most have gotten away from having their own loaner cars, probably due to cost and liability. Some dealers have a rental car company on site that they deal with (AVIS, Enterprise, etc).

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
the loner car is completly up to the dealership my dad used to buy trucks from a dealer about 2 miles from home but since insurance rates skyrocketed and the dealer stopped havin a rental car he stopped buying from them, so now we go to a dealer that uses enterprise about 20 miles away. me and my dad both have gotten trucks from there, since i was not 21 at the time of purchase of my truck the dealership let me use my salesmans truck which was a 05 ram 1500 ;). now a days it seems that rental cars are getting harder to get through dealerships...

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
The reason I have dealt at my dealer for almost 30 years (30 plus cars) is their loaner policy. If and when they stop giving loaners I will be looking elsewhere for a dealer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The way I understand it is ,is if they have to keep it overnight for warranty repairs and you buy the extended warranty they furnish a rental for up to 5 days. Some dealers have loaners and some do not. hope this helps.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what if i didnt have an extra truck that i use just for work....they expect me to take a cab to work and find some one to pick me up.....thats an inconvience to me and other people if you want my opinion. Not every one has an extra vehicle. I was under 21 when i had to take my girlfriends car back to the dealer and i didnt even have to ask they just provided one at no cost and no hassle. Oh and the dealer that i bought her car from is a whole lot further than where i bought my truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.