DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...not even one week after my new jl audio speakers and my alpine head unit were installed...ive come to the conclusion that the bass is lacking. Im looking at a pre amped sub like the infinity basslink to add a little punch. Im not looking to shatter windows, but do need some better bass. My two questions are is anybody familiar with the basslink? How does it sound? My next question which is probably the most important....where is a good place to mount the thing in my 2004 2500 quad cab. If anybody has installed one of these things in their trucks, do you have pictures?? I really dont want to install amps and separate subs as I do need most of my back seat for other things, so the basslink would probably be a good fit for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
977 Posts
When you say JL Audio speakers. Do you mean highs or a sub? If a Jl audio sub what size and model did you buy and what amp do you have pushing it. The Infinity bass link is a square enclosure and if you trying to put that in a quad cab then your not going to have much luck. It you want to take up as little space as possible, the compact enclosure I make for the driver side will be your best bet. You can put a Jl Audio 8w3 a get some nice bass without loosing alot of space. The amp required for that 8 will fit easily under one of your front seats. Infact If your highs are not amplified I would seriously consider a 4 or 5 channel amp and amplify everything. You will have to run power wire, remote on, and RCA's either way. Best of all if you have the foldout trays under your rear seat you can still keep the larger passenger side one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.