DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)
Im really considering just getting the iron ram eq heads. I keep finding horror stories on the stock heads and since one was cracked on this 318, no telling what my modded 360 may do to it. Plus i can get the 2.02/1.6 valves. Just kinda fear reusing these heads now... plus 800-1000 a pair sounds a lot better than possibly ruining my engine to try and save money. I want this done right the first time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
On a complete unrelated topic, im also trying to decide on what paint scheme to do. I love this engine color. But, i also was juggling red on the truck like in the pic EXCEPT it would be red and black bedliner on the lower part of the body panels and bed. Or I am juggling a Dark Pearl Blue or Midnight Blue. If i went red and black on the truck, then i feel red on the engine is overkill. hmmm...

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I'm considering buying a 360 short block. Or maybe a 408 if I found one. That way I wont have to take the truck apart. To work on it. Plus. Ill have a backup engine. Does anyone have any experience with short blocks and who Has good quality Ones?

·
Registered
9,206 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Interesting. Those seem kinda pricey though compared to some I have seen. I guess ill need to get the machine shop estimate on going through the 360 with the .30 bore or having them order the stroker 408 along with the work, versus buying the crate engine with all of it done. Having to buy the short block and then buy decent heads too just looks extremely pricey compared to the stroker kit, machine work, and just buying heads. Since im not on the time constraint like I put myself on for the winter, I can take the time and build up everything. So far once its stroked, you wont look back at the 360. So now its just a matter finding the kit that works best. I was looking at these http://www.coasthigh.com/Chrysler-408-Reverse-Dome-17-5cc-Scat-Based-Kit-p/13744-sca-666-m408-1.htm with the reverse dome which would keep the compression in the 9.5/1 to 10/1 range depending on what heads I use. Also looked at these http://www.campbellenterprises.com/eagle-specialty-products/eagle-stroker-kits/mopar-340-360-magnum-stroker-kit.htm#360street

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
campbell kits are A1+ quality. go lower on the compression for the iron heads-
408 4.030 .030 over 4.000 stroker 6.123 I-Beam forged Mahle inv dome -28cc 9.4 9.0 8.7 eag 20508 30
$1373.75 $1332.54

Add To Cart
eag B20508 30
$1604.52 $1556.38

Add To Cart

... thats the one i'd choose.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Whats the difference on the 20508 and B20508?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Spun you wouldn't happen to have a picture of a stock magnum spring you could post do you?

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
i'm sorry! i was tired. i saw the campbell header and had a brain fart- didnt realize they also carry junk. let me rephrase that!
eag 20508 30
eag B20508 30

just compression ratio. and stay away from the eagle stuff. "bad rep."

scat or K1 or Rod Bloomer kits are the best going! try to find a forged crank if it is a option.

http://www.campbellenterprises.com/mopar-318-crank-318-stroker-crankshaft/k1-318-stroker-crank-5.2-forged-stroker-crankshaft.php
http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com/6780289/miscellaneous/bloomer-performance-engineering-stroker-cranks-for-la-series-smallblocks/
http://www.bloomerperformance.com/

you got to email them to open a conversation: [email protected].
he's good!

·
Registered
9,206 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Its all good. I just wanted to compare them to what I have sitting in the shop. Mine look like beehives but not sure exactly. My dad keeps trying to convince me to just put a CTD in it and forget the gasser lol. Even though we have a 3500 already. Its an idea though hah

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
But then I would be rebuilding THE WHOLE truck, plus Id need a new tranny.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
cummins might be nice if you want to grunt down the road all the time. i drove a stocker. and to make it move, the skinny petal had to be mashed all the time. ok power. though gassers are just so much more fun and cheaper to build up! i got board of the diesel real quick.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Which one did you drive? We have a CR 05 cummins in the 3500 with a mild chip and that thing is a hoss. Then again its the 6 speed. If it was the automatic behind a old 12v or 24v then yeah you had to mash it to move especially underload on a hill. Those auto trannies just sucked. Great engine though. Real easy to build up and see awesome numbers. I enjoy my 360 though. Even if it does drink the gas.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.