DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of these headers for nearly one year and there collecting dust. i wanna know how hard is the install, i have pretty good mechanical skill, i just dont know if im over my head. i am also worried about the bold breaking or shearing off. please any feedback would be great

thank
Randy
99 durango slt+
iat adjuster
superchips-take up to 120mph
hotchkis bars
bilstein shocks
ngk plugs and brass dist cap
intense performance stage iii

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
I installed my JBA headers a couple of years ago on my D so the stock manifold bolts weren't as old as yours are. That being said, the long studs in the middle you can probably re-use if you are worried about breaking them off.

Did the headers come with hardware? I bought some new grade 8 stainless steel bolts for the collectors and used some ARP allen head/flange head mix bolts for the headers. Some good graphite impregnated gaskets from NAPA.

Really soak the bolts with some penetrating lube and make every effort to not apply a heavy torque to the bolts from an angle which might cause them to break.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Headers are pretty easy. As said above, a week before, start hitting each bolt with WD-40 or the like. The hardest part for you is the Mopar down pipe connects to the cat inlet. The muffler clamp may have crimped the Y-pipe inside the cat inlet and they may be tough to get apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.