DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing on Ebay again and saw this. I looked at two different auctions, one for the AEM intake and one for the Mopar intake. Looking at them closer I could see they looked identical. I am just assuming that AEM makes the intake and it's rebranded as Mopar. Same way that Borla makes the Mopar catback exhausts. Plus I believe you can typically get the AEM much cheaper, but then again you get a Dodge warranty on the Mopar CAI.

KB

PS - You can tell the Mopar is just polished satin instead of a silver finish. The heat shield is also painted black, even has the identical holes in it. Both also come with a Throttle Body Spacer as well.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Good catch. I like the AEM one better for some reason. It also looks bigger, but that might just be the pic.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You also like to run without radiator fluid, so I dunno. :D

KB

·
BAMF
1,909 Posts
I had the Brute Force on my last truck, and I have the Mopar on my new one. The sound, structure...hell, they are identical. The only MAJOR difference is that the tube/heatshield are powdercoated on the Mopar...and painted/brushed stainless on the AEM. Personally, I like the look of the Mopar emblem under the hood... :D

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Hmm well this is interesting. I just put my AEM in last weekend and i have the black heat shield and the polished pipe like the Mopar one with a Red Filter like the Blue one except I have the AEM Brute Force sticker. Everything looks identical to the Mopar one except the sticker. Maybe they mix and match the two...? Either way I love it!! Plus i get 2 more MPG!! Anything thing will help with the rising gas prices!!

BB

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Dumb question: The MOPAR one, did you buy it at the the dealership or order it from MOPAR performance parts?
Also, what was the cost between the two?

·
Banned
153 Posts
TREP R/T said:
Dumb question: The MOPAR one, did you buy it at the the dealership or order it from MOPAR performance parts?
Also, what was the cost between the two?
the Mopar is around $360 and the AEM is right around $300

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
My personal opinion on the Cold-air intake matter from my experience is now this.......from the money I have spent and the gains I have felt/seen I would have nbeen better off in the long run to purchase a set of gears for the rear end before I would even consider adding a CAI to the mix..........my next truck will include the new version of the Hemi in a somewhat different configuration I hope and the first things to mod are going to be a K&N drop in and a set of gears to be the first peformance based mods......stance issues are going to be done at the same time............I could have had a NOS setup and a gear set installed for the price I paid with the cold-air packages I have tried.......I ended up with an AIRRAM from Nick after seeing his work and hearing about his products from his customers.........I will however next time spend the moey on a gear first,K&N filter,and a nice muffler to start!!!!

Just my opinion........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.