DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 160 amp alternator that was available with/on the Durango's with a 5.7L Hemi. I've looked everywhere on the internet for a part number or price. I think the 2005 Durango's were what I was hearing, not sure if it was an option or standard.
Can you find a part number or price for this 160 amp Hemi alternator?

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
you can also look at the snow plow alternator for the Ram if the Durango one wont fit for some odd reason...

·
Hemi and SRT we do it all
437 Posts
From what I can tell the altenators for any of the 4.7/5.7 powered durangos are all the same. They offer a new version and a reman version, but not 2 different amperage rating alternators. I know some of the trucks and some of the LX cars came w/ optional 160 amp altenators, but nothing for a durango thats in my parts catalog. If you think you can use the regular truck or car alternator let me know and I'll get you a price, from the top of my head I believe they are in the mid 300 price range though. We've sold a few of them before.

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I though guys were telling me they got them from some Durango's but I may be wrong. What I'm looking for is the 160 amp alternator that fits on the 5.7L Hemi truck. I know a few guys have put them on and they say it's a direct replacement. Thanks for looking.

·
Hemi and SRT we do it all
437 Posts
It was optional on the 04 1500 trucks, list price on it is 405.00. Your cost would be 299.60 + shipping. It would take me 3-4 days to get one here to ship to you, but there are 12 available so it wouldn't be hard to get. Let me know. Thanks,

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks. I'll think about it. If Bob from Moes gets ahold of you about an alternator that will probably be what he's looking for. I asked him to look into it last week and I know he goes through you also. I'll also looking for a viper e-fan and piggytail, so he might be asking you about that too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.