DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
08Hemisilvercrew
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st off I need to hear from owners that have the moonroof/sunroof option. Now that you have owned your truck for a while, i have a situation i need help with. Say you are buying a 06-08 ram and you've found 2 Identical Rams for the same price. The first ram is your favorite color the 2nd Ram is a color your not crazy about. But the 2nd Ram has a sunroof that I think is great and rare. Is it worth it to make a decision based on the sunroof alone? :help:Thanks,

Dave........

·
Fueled by 1.21 jiggawatts
2,722 Posts
I have a sunroof and I barely open it. Only when cruising around town. I drive mainly highway and I HATE the wind noise with it open. I would get the color I loved before a color I'm not fond of just for a sunroof I barely use, rare(?) or not. My Dad also has a sunroof in his GMC and he never opens it. My wife on the other hand loves the sunroof in her Nitro, but she also loves the color.

I think you would be happier with the color you love in the long run. IMHO.

·
BLACK
1,343 Posts
Go with color over sunroof, you will use the sunroof on occasion at best. You will look at the color every single time you use your truck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a sunroof and love it, but I bought the truck because it had to be a Black / Hemi and have leather. The sunroof was just a bonus. I think you would be happier with the color you prefer rather than one nice feature.

·
08Hemisilvercrew
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah thanks guys. I guess I knew the answer before i asked. i just didn't want to give up the sunroof. They are more rare than people think! Go on e-bay and check out the Rams. Maybe 1 out of 100. And it appears to me that they are more common on white/vanilla rams .Thanks again,

Dave...............

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
What two colors are you looking at?

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
LOL...:thatfunny I really didn't want to say what color I wasn't crazy about. The sunroof ram was White, the other Red. No offense intended.:D
I don't think anyone will take offense to your color opinion. Everyone has colors they like and colors they don't, that's why Dodge sprays so many. I agree with the others, get the Red ram if that's the color you like.

When I bought mine, I chose the Graphite Grey with a 4.7 over a White and Black, both with Hemi's. I fell in love with this color and at the time just could not find a low mileage Graphite Hemi in the same price range.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I agree, go for the color over the sunroof. I've had then and rarely opened them.

·
Fueled by 1.21 jiggawatts
2,722 Posts
LOL...:thatfunny I really didn't want to say what color I wasn't crazy about. The sunroof ram was White, the other Red. No offense intended.:D
WHAT!!!! I am now offended! Good day....... I said GOOD DAY!! LOL!!

Its funny you say that cuz the truck I first test drove was a red Sport, and my choice came down to the red one or the white Sport I bought. Obviously I chose white cuz its better. LOL!! JK!!. Which ever truck you buy I think I can speak for all of us here........................PICS!!!:D

·
Registered
871 Posts
go with the color you want, i wanted a sunroof but i also wanted white and mine didn't have it! Besides if you really wanted a sunroof you can have one installed by the dealer i'm thinking of doing that!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I bought a white truck my 2000 ram. I work at an iron mine it was always pink i had to acid bath the paint to get it white again all the time. I liked the truck and the color when I got it but it always looked dirty.

If you want a roof webasto (oe supplier) makes NICE aftermarket ones that look factory and they shouldn't run more than 1k installed. have the dealer make it part of the deal. ADDING SUNROOFS ISN'T like it was 15 years ago. the seals and install kits are much better I haven't seen a leaker yet.

·
The Tumbler
672 Posts
I like my sunroof when I go out and get into it after its been sitting in the hot sun all day. Roll all the windows down, open the rear slider, open the sunroof, and the heat seems to dissipate quickly. After the A/C starts to blow cold I close all the windows and leave the sunroof tilted just to help draw the remaining warm out. Plus I think it looks cool. But in reality, its nearly a $1000 option. Not sure I get THAT much use out of it...

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I would gladly have paid a grand for a sunroof at time of purchase

·
low n' SLOW
638 Posts
I want a sunroof in my Reg cab.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.