DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Same Name, Different Game
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't the appropriate location for this thread, but there are only about 3 or 4 active Montana Dodge Talk Members, so I thought this might be a better spot for it.

Anyway, I was thinking about a Montana Dodge Talk Get Together for anybody that might be interested. Here are my early thoughts. June 27th, 28th, and 29th of next year. I was thinking folks could do lodging at Marina Cay in Bigfork ( http://www.marinacay.com/ ), we could do a tour through Glacier National Park ( http://www.nps.gov/glac/ ), maybe catch a play at the Bigfork Play House ( http://www.bigforksummerplayhouse.com/ ), have dinner at the Bigfork Inn ( http://www.bigforkinn.com/ ), go golfing at Eagle Bend ( http://www.golfmt.com/ ) or any other combination of ideas.

This would be a great family vacation, so if your interested let me know.

· Banned
939 Posts
04HemiRam2500Hemi and I have been talking about this through PM. I will definately be there, and will sponsor this even as much as I can. Any other sponsors that would like to attend and help out are more than welcome to as well.

I would like to find some off-road spots for the 4x4 crowd. Unfortunately the nearest track is about 5 hours from where we're trying to plan this get together at, so not much for the racing crowd. This won't be just for the trucks though, all Mopar vehicles are welcome. I'd like this to be a good sized Mopar event in Montana here. :D

A cruise through Glacier National Park on the "Going to the Sun Road" will be one of the main events of this get together. If you've never been to Glacier, it is a must see! One of the most beautiful places on earth! I'd love to see one big long line of Mopar's driving through the park.

We will try to put together lodging or camping arrangements for anyone coming from out of state. I'd also like find a nice spot for a little car show and BBQ. No awards or anything like that, just for fun and for everybody to check out each others rides.

Let us know if you'd be interested in something like this. :cool:

9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone: When you get a second would you mind posting some of your Glacier National Park Pictures on this thread. It might give some folks a glimps of what they will be getting into.

· Banned
939 Posts

· Ephesians 6:12
86 Posts
I would love to go but I'm getting married that weekend in Northeast Ohio. Sounds like a great place to take the new wife on for a honeymoon. Neither one of us has been that far west.

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
Thats in my area of driving, but I have my vacation planned already for next year,.. or I would most def make it..

· Banned
939 Posts
nosredneh said:
I would love to go but I'm getting married that weekend in Northeast Ohio. Sounds like a great place to take the new wife on for a honeymoon. Neither one of us has been that far west.
It's where I took my wife for our honeymoon. Look up St. Mary's Lodge and Resort... they have jacuzzi tub suites with a fireplace and balcony. Awesome view from the hotel and the resteraunt. The park entrance is only like 100 yards from the hotel too. There are also several hotels in the park, but they were all closed for the season when we went. Most of the hotels in the park are around 100 years old, and are more basic rooms. You get running water and electricity in them, that's it. No TVs, no alarms or radios, no phones, no coffee makers, etc. If you want all that stuff, you need to go somewhere like St. Mary's.

86 Posts
Everyone said:
It's where I took my wife for our honeymoon. Look up St. Mary's Lodge and Resort... they have jacuzzi tub suites with a fireplace and balcony. Awesome view from the hotel and the resteraunt. The park entrance is only like 100 yards from the hotel too. There are also several hotels in the park, but they were all closed for the season when we went. Most of the hotels in the park are around 100 years old, and are more basic rooms. You get running water and electricity in them, that's it. No TVs, no alarms or radios, no phones, no coffee makers, etc. If you want all that stuff, you need to go somewhere like St. Mary's.
I'll definitely look into it and see what she thinks. It would be a bit of a drive but we want to get away from everyone we know anyway. Thanks for the idea.

· Banned
939 Posts
nosredneh said:
I'll definitely look into it and see what she thinks. It would be a bit of a drive but we want to get away from everyone we know anyway. Thanks for the idea.
Yeah coming from Maxwell AFB, that would be quite the drive. I went TDY to the Gunter Annex down there a couple years ago when I was still on Active Duty. Flew down though, lol.

86 Posts
Yeah it is. Hopefully I won't still be here when I get married but all of the other locations I would possibly leave from aren't looking any better.

9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet Grass to West Glacier is 160 miles, or about 3 hours. Bigfork is 45 minutes south of West Glacier.

9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bumping this up to the top to see if anybody else is interested in this

86 Posts
Well it looks like my future wife and I maybe going there for our honeymoon. Unfortunately we probably won't get there until around the 1st of July.

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
Put me down as a maybe, looks like it could be fun, according to mapquest I am 780miles north which isn't that bad really..

· Registered
1,628 Posts
Man... I wanna go but it's like a 20 hour drive...to Missoula. But maybe, if I have the time off and the gas $$, who knows. A 4yo in the back may be more than I can stand though. LOL

9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MegaCabMan said:
Man... I wanna go but it's like a 20 hour drive...to Missoula. But maybe, if I have the time off and the gas $$, who knows. A 4yo in the back may be more than I can stand though. LOL
You know what they say Mega: God hate's a coward :D

Besides, it's only a 1265 mile drive :D

· Registered
503 Posts
I am interested in going, just not sure time off to go at that time, as it would be a bit of a drive, but I am diffinately interested.

It would be nice to see fellow members.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.