DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the oil fill cap off the other day and there was enough water stuck to the cap to pretty much cover it, is this much normal? I whiped it clean and the next day I took it for a spin,looked again this morning, it was cold enough that it was covered with ice.:(

·
pwrwgn723
392 Posts
Took the oil fill cap off the other day and there was enough water stuck to the cap to pretty much cover it, is this much normal? I whiped it clean and the next day I took it for a spin,looked again this morning, it was cold enough that it was covered with ice.:(
Its normal!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
happens to them all

·
Registered
315 Posts
changed oil today for the first time myself on this truck 11000 miles and noticed it too , the dealer has been doing it but 50 bucks for regular oil there or 45 for pennzoil synthetic i just said the heck with it thanks for posting that cause i was just about too

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Mine does it also. Seems to be more moisture after I switched to full syn oil at 3000m.

·
2500 Owner
386 Posts
Mine does it too. I guess a certain amount of condensation will show up being it is hot inside and cool outside. Good post.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Makes you think twice about going 15-25,000 miles between oil changes, don't it???

·
Patty
205 Posts
Actually all the newer mopar engine seem to have this happen. 3.7 L is actually he worst. Most likely due to less efficient crankcase ventilation directly related to emission regulations. Not wanting vapors escaping to atmosphere. You know.

·
Gonna Make It. . .
858 Posts
Damn laws and politicians!

Dammit!!!!!

Oh well, I'm sure it won't hurt it much if at all.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Do all of you with the oil cap s**t happen to live in areas with high humidity ?

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
I don't live in a rain forest if thats what you mean. I live in western NY State. Yes it can get cold (but nothing like our PW friends up north in Canada), and yes it gets hot, but nothing like or PW friends in California. Usually anywhere from 40-70%, less in winter, more in summer when it rains. Truck get up to temp easily during my 30 min drive to work & back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts