DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hemi Elitist
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone on these forums from Canada (or more specifically Ontario) that has used or purchased anything from moe's performance?

Its hard to find stuff reasonably priced in Canada, and the prices seem pretty decent.

Anyone any input on the website in general? experiences?

Added some stuff to my cart (and with the dollar being strong, comes pretty cheap) and apparently shipping is free?

Looking to get some pacesetter headers, possibly 4.56 gears, 180 t-stat and some other stuff sometime this year, but dont wanna order anything if its gonna pi$$ me off.

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
I have ordered from Moe's several times over the last few years and did again last week. It will likely take a few weeks to cross through customs and you will be charged COD for duty. The website is good, shipping is only free in the continental US. Occasionally he can be a little slow getting the order out, but be patient and all will be good.

·
Double Rammin'
774 Posts
I've had good luck ordering from Air_Ram (that's where I've got my 4.56s, e-cutouts, HO cams etc.). I've also ordered stuff from Summit and shipping is always super quick, and I think the pricing is always pretty good. I've never used Moe's, but I wouldn't hesitate to give them a shot.

If you looking for someplace local(ish) give a try to 4 Wheel Performance in Hanover, he's really good with the Dodge's but more caters to the diesels (got a pretty awesome shop truck, if you went to the fair this year you would have seen him pull) I've ordered a few things thru him and he always gets me a good deal. Other than that I have a guy down here in Woodstock (Ken @ C&W Auto) who is my connection for getting all my other aftermarket goodies.

If you would like, get me some p/n's, brands(motive, yukon etc.) and I will get Kenny to get me some pricing. I've spent quite a bit of money thru him, so he cuts me a pretty good deal.

Chris

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have used 4 wheels in Hanover since it opened and Pete has always came through for me, when ordering for the truck or Jeep. His prices are fair, gets the product quickly and is local for me. I also use Truckers toy store near Walkerton and summit racing (when I am in FL).

I would give moes a try without question as he has good products, prices and reputation. Plan on ordering a billet nose badge from there shortly.

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
I've purchased from Moe's and Air Ram, both shipped my items quickly, but they were items they had in-stock. Check with them and MAKE SURE they have your items in-stock before you order them, I've heard stories about parts taking forever (and not just to Canada).

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Try to see if they will ship USPS instead of Fedex or UPS. You will save a bunch of money in brokerage fees.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've ordered all manner of stuff out of the USA,..but I have them shipped to a mail drop point in Port Huron Michigan. I then do all the import and customs stuff myself when I make the pickup and return to Canada with the items. This is easy as I'm near the border. I've got no trouble paying the going rate and required taxes for items, but just hate when UPS or FEDX or whoever ding you with customs and brokerage fee's...it's makes some items not worth the effort to ship into Canada...any savings on the "sale" are quickly gone. I like to shop local also but there are those things that you just can't get at the US prices and makes me wonder why that is, exchange on the dollar not withstanding, (See the thread about MBRP exhaust pricing). The mail drop service I use is:

SCC
2540 Lapeer Road,
Port Huron, Michigan
ph# is 810-985-7220.

To sign on you simply give them a call..get your name on their list..give up e-mail address or phone # or both (for package arrival notification) and that's it. Cost is $5.00 a box. There is no sign up fee or contract etc...it's simply by the box service. Other charges include round trip across the Bluewater Bridge..$3.00 for each direction. They will hold items for 30days before additional fee's begin to mount up. I've heard tell that guys come from as far away as Toronto to use there services. For credit card use you must ensure that the above address is listed with your card company to use as a secondary shipping address.

FWIW,
Tony

·
Hemi Elitist
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If you would like, get me some p/n's, brands(motive, yukon etc.) and I will get Kenny to get me some pricing. I've spent quite a bit of money thru him, so he cuts me a pretty good deal.

Chris
I'm looking for a Motive 4.56 rear diff gears and new master install bearing kit (motive as well).

I just priced it from air_ram and it's 295 plus tax and all that other stuff. Do you know how much Im gonna have to pay for duty/broker fees and shipping? since you live just around the corner, figured you'd be the guy to ask!

Turns out my mechanic has installed tons of these before...even auburn kits and so on. So, I'm now good to go. Plus......I don't think my wife is even gonna hassle me about it. Told her I was doing it to tow a camping trailer this summer when I take her on a nice holiday. (that usually works:D)

·
Double Rammin'
774 Posts
I'm looking for a Motive 4.56 rear diff gears and new master install bearing kit (motive as well).

I just priced it from air_ram and it's 295 plus tax and all that other stuff. Do you know how much Im gonna have to pay for duty/broker fees and shipping? since you live just around the corner, figured you'd be the guy to ask!

Turns out my mechanic has installed tons of these before...even auburn kits and so on. So, I'm now good to go. Plus......I don't think my wife is even gonna hassle me about it. Told her I was doing it to tow a camping trailer this summer when I take her on a nice holiday. (that usually works:D)
For the amount of money your talking about, it shouldn't be any more than $30-35 for the brokerage/duty, but I don't remember what I paid for shipping. If memory serves, gears (front and rear), and both master install kits, was around the 500-600 shipped from Nick (Air_Ram). I'll see if I can find the bill for all that as it should be in my silver truck, and I'll be up home this weekend farming and working on my 87.

·
Time for Upgrades.
474 Posts
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Moes Performance? Other than (314)293-2700 or [email protected]? I've tried both No answer,Left Message,No Callback...No Reply to Email...I ordered Gears and Install Kit on 3/10/11 still haven't recieved them...And I'm not in Canada
That's why I won't deal with them anymore. Headers and Calracs both missed their promised delivery dates.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.