DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking under my passenger seat and I saw this module underneath it doing nothing from what I can tell. I thought it would be an amplifier for the radio, but once I unplugged it, I still have sound and no "idiot lights" came on. I have a SLT with the basic 6 speaker system. Plus I also saw another module underneath the center seat for the transmission i'm guessing. If anyone knows what it might be, it would be great to know what it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was looking under my passenger seat and I saw this module underneath it doing nothing from what I can tell. I thought it would be an amplifier for the radio, but once I unplugged it, I still have sound and no "idiot lights" came on. I have a SLT with the basic 6 speaker system. Plus I also saw another module underneath the center seat for the transmission i'm guessing. If anyone knows what it might be, it would be great to know what it is. Thanks.

Do you have LoJack?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the LoJack system that I know of. There are only about 4 or 6 wires leading to the module from the clip.

·
1ceman
16 Posts
Could be the sensor for the AIRBAG passenger side. I have an '08 Ran, and if nobody sits on the passenger side, the "IDOT" lite will come on for just a second or two, then go out.:rck:

·
Registered
84 Posts
It could be a vehicle data crash recorder.Every vehicle with airbags has that information recorded into the airbag module,and some newer ones have a separate one that stores more measurements for a longer period of time before and after an impact.

·
Clinically Certified
735 Posts
Unplugging something and then turning on the key and not knowing what it is...ain't such a good idea anymore with all the electronics on board. You can set codes that won't turn warning lights on...yet cause unforseen problems. Just my .02

·
Registered
124 Posts
It might be a bomb, a 09 Dodge Ram Terrorist Edition... :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not too worried about it. The next time I take it to the dealer for a free oil change, I'll ask them what the module is. I was just asking to see if anyone else has that module or might know what it is. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.