301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
? fuel rail? looks like stock painted

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
painted up almost ready to go on...epoxy or no epoxy...that is the ? have one with i can cut it up if i like the new designed runners...there much shorter then whats on the truck now...decision's,decision's:crazy:
will be interesting to see how far up the very short runners move the power band, assuming you are going to dyno it.
I only took 1.5" off mine, that looks like closer to 4-5" by the pics.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I thought the fuel rails were plastic. Is it Ok to paint them?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
will be interesting to see how far up the very short runners move the power band, assuming you are going to dyno it.
I only took 1.5" off mine, that looks like closer to 4-5" by the pics.
yes it will be put on the dyno....tried to cut them in a way to retain the oem cross section of the runner....i noticed when cutting at an angle it open's up the CS...smaller CS promotes low end performance...shall see...thinking iam going to pour this 1 to

yep painted oem stocker fuel rails...steel not plastic but i have read of some being plastic

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
What is CS?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cross Section.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to cut our kegger intake with a plasma cutter?
I have been using one at my shop on the scrap cut outs from the divider and it seems to cut real clean.
There is a little slag that chips right off.
Just wondering:IDEA:

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Plasma cutter on Aluminum sucks, it is really messy...

·
Registered
301 Posts
umm... those that have swapped out intakes... What might this piece be? I put it all back together and have some "leftovers" lol...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I painted my intake manifold red -looks freggin sweet sittin on top of the engine :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
that piece ties the a/c compressor and the intake together,

·
Registered
301 Posts
ooo.. thanks. Everything went back together and works just fine but I guess I should put it on for the support..lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Oh.. one comment.. Why would anyone. ever. ever. want to change this more than once... I did not find it enjoyable... lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey im gettin ready to do my plenum ive got a 5.9 if i just cut the runners down will it hurt not to do the epoxy fill right now

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
hey im gettin ready to do my plenum ive got a 5.9 if i just cut the runners down will it hurt not to do the epoxy fill right now
I think you may lose some low end, but it will be offset by the gains.
I cut mine down about 1.5 inches, tapered them, smoothed the injector bosses, etc etc. Took about 10 hours total time with the deburring bits & polishing wheels. Gained torque & hp across the board according to the MD-1270 dyno. I don't remember the exact amount, been concentrating on my other project lately.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
cut the runners as short as possible. the objective is to draw air from more of a direct route, and to open up each mouth. i buzzed mine down flush as well as cut into the shared divider way further! too much around the corner turbulence in there!

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think im going to cut the runners all the way down flush ive opened the tb port im going to do the injector ports last they look easier less to grind at my hughes kit should be here later this week

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
i opened the tb port also. actually cut so much out & joined the holes in the middle. the m1 intake is just one big oval.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dont know if anybody is still talking about welding aluminum (cant remeber which thread I read it in) but theres an episode on Extreme 4x4 on this. May be worth looking into, gives several ways of doing it with even your standard 110 volt welder. Just takes some different techniques.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.