DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we just got back from 8 days in Moab. Had a great time and ran a few trails. We did 3D, Lockhart Basin, Top of the World, Sevenmile Rim, Klondike Bluffs/Tower Arch/Eye of the Whale Trails and Cache wash up onto Dry Mesa. We also did Gemini Bridges, Potash trail/White rim to Mussleman Arch/Schaffer switchbacks and a couple of other minor trails. Here are a few pictures from the Lockhart Basin Trail. The 1st mile is an increasingly tight, twisty, uphill dry wash:

And this is looking back down the wash we came up. Rock in the middle is 3' high:

More pictures to follow.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are 3 pictures from the 3D trail (Basically Hidden Canyon/Hidden Canyon Overlook/Bartlett Overlook and connecting trails):

And 3 More from the Top of the World Trail:

And still more to come.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And here are some pictures from Seven Mile Rim trail:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Awesome pics! Looks like a blast...I still want to get my Jeep out there sometime.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Great pics!

Next time ya go, holler, I'll buy lunch or something!

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Awesome scenery! I wish I had a place like that to play.. :mad:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Awesome man... would love to get out that way.

But, why didn't you pull a little further up on "Top of the World"? lol

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
But, why didn't you pull a little further up on "Top of the World"? lol

Ya what he said! It would be sweet if you could of removed that bush...taken the pic then put it back :D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, THOSE PICS ARE SO COOL :rck: VERY NICE SCENERY.

·
Alumni
540 Posts
wow...thats all i can say

·
Registered
560 Posts
Great shots! Looks like an excellent time. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the nice comments. Moab is a great place!

77Warlock: Will do. We try to get over there every year if we can.

Shay: Nope never touched a rocker. We did drag different skids and gouge a few rocks, etc.

Bubba Hemi: It Scared me to get that close! It's over 300' down to the top of the talus slope, then a whole lot farther down after that. It even bothered me to get near enough to the edge to look straight down.

Jim

One last picture. Another way to play on the rocks in Moab!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Jim, how much would you say it's the PowerWagon that go you through? I know it's not something I could do with mine set up the way it is now... but how likely would a similar frame/cab truck fair?
CUL8R said:
Bubba Hemi: It Scared me to get that close! It's over 300' down to the top of the talus slope, then a whole lot farther down after that. It even bothered me to get near enough to the edge to look straight down.
Yea... I can imagine. I'm the same way just creeping up on something. I don't know if I'd try to get my truck closer than that either... but I gotta dish it out to others. lol
CUL8R said:
One last picture. Another way to play on the rocks in Moab!
You're standning on a ledge... aren't you? lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bubba Hemi,

A similar truck would do great most of the places we ran. I needed one or both lockers in several places. The anti-sway bar disconnect actually made the biggest difference, keeping the tires planted and power to the ground. The extra ground clearance and skids came in handy. Luckily we didn't need the winch. We used to have an 02 Ram 1500 4WD quad cab with 2" of lift and 35s. I would have taken it many of the places we took this one. I don't think it would have made it up the beginning of Lockhart Basin. I know it wouldn't have made it up the trail to Dry Mesa. It took me three attempts with both lockers engaged to make it over one spot there.

Yes, I was standing on a ledge. There's actually an entire dome of rock down there before the real drop off occurs. Fun picture though!

This is the same spot, from just below:

Hope you enjoy your time in the Navy, and have fun with the Suzuki. I retired from the AF in 98. I like bikes, too. I had an 04 Gixr 1K I traded in a year ago for a dual sport. I find I'm doing more and more offroad, and less on road then I used to. But there are times I really do miss the speed/acceleration of the Gixr a lot!

Jim

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.