DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year to start thinking about our annual Power Wagons in Moab trip. Given timeframes given by folks who wanted to go earlier than our normal first weekend in June timeframe, Silverwagon05 and I were having an aisle conversation in Costco today. How do folks feel about the last weekend in April or first weekend in May?

·
..::MOOSE::..
1,580 Posts
:popcorn: I'll be watching for now. I got family coming over on the boat sometime this year that WILL want to see the U.S.A.:gr_patrio And an uncle who's a gearhead that's never been here(America). That said, traveling is in the plans.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Here is my .02 cents... I want to go. I can make just about any time... all I need is at least 3 weeks lead time to get in my leave request. All I ask for. :) I know I am nobody here but I would love to go.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
As usual I can't commit yet, gotta see how my summer side jobs line up, but it's been a couple years since I've been there with the PW gang so I will attempt to get up there. I am craving some Moab Brewery snacks and cold beer. All I have for SURE this summer is April 1-2-3, Amado, AZ, the Overland Expo www.overlandexpo.com Thats gonna be sweet and I will most likely by the only Power Wagon there. I also may be rafting the Grand Canyon mid may, so we'll see.

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NiuPonyBoy. You ain't nobody. You got a Power Wagon! Lol. Typically we have the actual dates hammered down by Feb/Mar at the latest, so you'll definitely know well enough in advance.

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Can't make it to Moab this year. :bawl: Wife wants to go up thru the New England area this year.

·
Big Bubba
575 Posts
I think 4/28, 29, 30 and 5/1 is the perfect time. Easter is 4/24 which is also the end of the Easter Jeep Safari and the crowd should be all cleared out by then, as well as the town being recovered. The snow will all be gone, but we still won't be hanging out in 100 degree weather either. Also, thinking the following weekend (5/5, 6, 7 and 8) might be out of the question for some (me) with Mother's Day and all. Let's try to lock this down as quickly as possible. I've been checking hotels, and the pickin's are already getting slim.

·
Big Bubba
575 Posts
Can't make it to Moab this year. :bawl: Wife wants to go up thru the New England area this year.
Sorry to hear Rusty. Maybe next year.

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Sorry to hear Rusty. Maybe next year.
Next year for sure! Wife wants to see how big the boys are getting. LOL :D I'll be draggin' my camper out there. Wife would like to spend more time out there. With the camper, she'll have her wish.

·
PowerwagonMark
2,015 Posts
I would love to come but I need to know at least a month in advance. Its 1800 miles one way for me. 3600 total miles is alot of gas for the PW. Im trying to get my buddy that has diesel to come that way he can tow my truck and we can split the fuel costs.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Little... if you're interested and we both end up going we can meet up and convoy... I'm in NOIL.

·
Big Bubba
575 Posts
As it seems there are no major conflicts so far on dates, what do you say we lock this down to the weekend of 4/28, 29, 30 and 5/1? That puts it at just over 4 months away. For those needing to rent a room, that will have to be done fairly soon. What do you all think about those dates?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Well.. good luck fellas. The dates ya'll are tryin to lock down keeps me out.. that's OK though, I'll be at Overland Expo then. We can compare stories and pics.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
hhhmmm I will have to check my dates, I know I am TDY for a good part of April.

·
Big Bubba
575 Posts
As it seems there are no major conflicts so far on dates, what do you say we lock this down to the weekend of 4/28, 29, 30 and 5/1? That puts it at just over 4 months away. For those needing to rent a room, that will have to be done fairly soon. What do you all think about those dates?
Well I can't say that I had too many :drink: last night when I typed that, because I didn't. It's actually just over 3 months away. What do you guys think about those dates? We really need to nail this down quickly. Rooms are already getting scarce.

·
Big Bubba
575 Posts
Well.. good luck fellas. The dates ya'll are tryin to lock down keeps me out.. that's OK though, I'll be at Overland Expo then. We can compare stories and pics.
How's that? The Expo is April 1, 2 and 3. We're thinking of doing April 28, 29, 30 and May 1st.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
How's that? The Expo is April 1, 2 and 3. We're thinking of doing April 28, 29, 30 and May 1st.
72 hour shift at fire dept... plus... five Fat Tires... plus two daughters and wife equals.........braindead. Reality is now changing the possiblity of me going now!

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
72 hour shift at fire dept... plus... five Fat Tires... plus two daughters and wife equals.........braindead. Reality is now changing the possiblity of me going now!
:ugh Braindead no. Walking dead yes. You may be a zombie, and not know it. LOL :D

1 - 20 of 416 Posts