DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new here so if this is in the wrong place I am sorry.

Now to my problem I recently purchased a 2012 ram. I got a great deal on it and when I bought it I knew it would have some problems. Well the rear door speakers weren't working so I started with the simple stuff first. I checked to see if they where cut off at the radio but when I did there wasn't even an option to ajust front and rear balance.
Now I thought that was strange but dodge has don some strange stuff in the past. So I moved on to checking the plugs going from the cab to the door. Now I had a radio In my shop to test speakers so I put the leads from it in the plugs and they work great.
So I check the plug leading into the cab and there are no wires in the plug for the speakers. I pull the interior panels off to see if they where pulled out somehow but I can't find any at all.

So I'm wondering if this is something anyone else has come across. And if anyone knows the best way to fix it.

·
Vendor
35 Posts
I have never seen anything like that before, so it has the actual plugs but no wires to them? You'll probably end up running the wire yourself unfortunately. Only thing I've seen similar to this is certain trim packages on other vehicles will have the same stuff installed, just not hooked up, since running the labor is the expensive part, so maybe your trim package "didn't come with rear speakers" but they just did run a wire?

I could be totally wrong here, this is just my best guess

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never seen anything like that before, so it has the actual plugs but no wires to them? You'll probably end up running the wire yourself unfortunately. Only thing I've seen similar to this is certain trim packages on other vehicles will have the same stuff installed, just not hooked up, since running the labor is the expensive part, so maybe your trim package "didn't come with rear speakers" but they just did run a wire?

I could be totally wrong here, this is just my best guess
Thanks for the input i figured I would have to run wires. It just didn't make sense to me why they would put speakers in the doors but not run wires to them. And scence I have to run wires all the way to the radio ill just wait until I swap the radio for one with Bluetooth and do it all at one time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
So you're saying it has actual speakers in the door, but the radio isn't connected to them? Bizarre. Never heard of such a thing. Is this a base model truck with a radio delete or something that someone added a radio back into? Admittedly, the speakers they use are literally $3 parts, but it seems very strange they would install speakers that aren't connected to anything. The audio adjustments are via the menu from the right button, aren't they?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts