DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I did the wire reroute today, still missing. Ive got fuel injector cleaner in it, guess we will see how that does. Could it be the trans in overdrive messing up making it feel like that? Trans was rebuilt 17k miles ago. Fluid is bright red, shifts smooth. Changed the rearend fluid a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
I did the wire reroute today, still missing. Ive got fuel injector cleaner in it, guess we will see how that does. Could it be the trans in overdrive messing up making it feel like that? Trans was rebuilt 17k miles ago. Fluid is bright red, shifts smooth. Changed the rearend fluid a few weeks ago.
More then likely the trans is not affecting it at all.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Like i mentioned before, plenum gasket. My misfire started only once in a while and went to all most all the time. Even at idle. It would pop back through the intake under wot. Replaced the plenum gasket with the Hughes kit and problem solved.

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
Try tapping the brake pedal when it happens, this will cause it to drop out of OD.
Also does it do it with OD off also. Both of these tests will help tell if it's the converter lockup that's shuddering.
I would consider changing the tranmission fluid to ATF+4 so you know it has the correct fluid in it (and put a shift kit in also especially if you tow) this might not of been done when rebuilt and can cause converter lockup shudder.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If you tape the brake or just take your foot off it stops. And if you got the cruise set and take overdrive off it stops. but also if your stopped and lightly take off you feel a shutter for a slit second but that dont do it all the time. but when your cruising it does quit the shuttering after a few minutes. How hard is a shift kit to put in, and if i change the fluid do i need to do a flush?

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
There are several threads in the drivetrain sub-forum on shift kits and installation for the 5.2 and 5.9.
A few drill bits are needed for the Transgo kit. A torx T-25 wrench is needed.
It does require removal of the valve body, doing this will allow most of the fluid to drain making a flush not necessary.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.