DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok plain and simple engine light kicked on while my truck was idle outside my house ran it on my buddys scanner cylinder missfire cylinder #7 i have so much as opened the hood in 2 months so i know i didnt knock anything loss any ideas?

·
Registered
444 Posts
i have so much as opened the hood in 2 months so i know i didnt knock anything loss any ideas?
Translation:

" I haven't opened the hood in 2 months, so there's no chance that I messed anything up"
:thatfunny

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyways, time to do some tune-up maintenance. Spark plugs (gapped to spec), wires (route as per TSB http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98/18-48-98-v8.htm), distributor cap and rotor. Report back if problems persist.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's my thong the the damn tune up is mabey got 30k on it i pulled the plug and wire plug looks good and the wires perfect i dont even feel the miss when i power brake it? lol i said i didnt touch anything cause thats always everyones first question " what did you touch"

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's hard to notice an intermittent misfire on one cylinder, especially an 8 cylinder. remove the distributor cap and check for any spark damage inside. I've gone one year with a tune up and the distributor needed to be replaced.

If you have a spark tester you can hook it up and confirm the misfire.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
my 318 dak turned out to be a bad pcm, #6 went first then a month later the next cylinder went. First check would be to inspect the fuel injectors and spark system

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ya first things to check are spark and fuel. try swapping plugs, wires, and injectors to see if the misfire moves to a different cylinder then you know whats causing it. And if none of those are the cause, next would be to do a compression test. Hope you figure it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.