Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Motörhead For Life!
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I might of found my misfire /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
The top plug is from Cyl # 1 & yes that's all of the plug that came out of the head.. the porcelain section that goes into the cyl must of cracked in 1/2. at that point it starting the misfire when I went to remove the plug it would not move at all...
after a LOT of puling & cussing it went snap.

the porcelain section that goes into the cyl must of cracked in 1/2. at that point it starting the misfire when I went to remove the plug it would not move at all...
after a LOT of puling & cussing it went snap.
I thought I broke the ratchet head .

Now I need to get a set of ez-outs some compressed air a very small magnet & religion to fix the *******.........

BTW the other plug is the # 3 that came out with very little effort..

·
Registered
683 Posts
Wow, that's pretty wild. I don't know if you'll be able to get that plug out without pulling the head off. There's nothing left for any tool to grab onto.

·
Registered
363 Posts
that is just crazy. ummm, good luck??

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
you're fuked

lol

·
Motörhead For Life!
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up a set of ezouts today before work that should get the threaded section out. Then its pn to the rest of the plug. With a magnet & some compressed air it should get the rest..
So if I'm Lucky it should be back up and running before Fridays..

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
good luck man!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
that sucks. i went through that on an old VW. ended up having to take the head off. and thats why you should always put anti-seize on your plugs. hell, you should pretty much anti-seize the whole truck. ive never had to deal with stuck bolts and any car like i have on this truck. thank god i didnt have issues with the spark plugs.

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
What kind of plugs are those so I know to stay away from them.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Anti Seize!
that sucks. i went through that on an old VW. ended up having to take the head off. and thats why you should always put anti-seize on your plugs. hell, you should pretty much anti-seize the whole truck. ive never had to deal with stuck bolts and any car like i have on this truck. thank god i didnt have issues with the spark plugs.

... that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture. Keep us posted what happening; OK?

:(

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Ouch

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have had this happen twice thank god not on my truck but let me tell you from experience pull the head and remove from the bottom only way without causing more damage and good luck with this hope you get erdone

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Good lord, I hope I never have the need for that tool!!!

:ugh

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
That thing looks like a butthole ripper outer.

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
You shouldn't. It's just for the Ford's that have the 3 valve heads and High Thread spark plugs. We sell them and they aren't cheap. I think the tool is $100 and the spark plugs alone are $11 a piece.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.