DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one removed their mirror glass from the holder? I'm just wondering how it's secured....I need to pull the glass and dynamat it....or figure out what's rattling...

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
29 views and no comments?

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
Sorry, the only way I know to remove it to hit it with another mirror from another truck. ask Nick (AirRam). I've seen him execute this thrilling but dangerous maneuver once.
Sorry I can't help more.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Mirror glass?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Uhhh? Which mirror? My truck has 3 of them.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These mirrors:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
If you are trying to pop the glass, just put your finger tips under the bottom edge and pull it up not out. The glass sits in a little channel. It will pop up and off. I just had to swap out mine.

·
Totally Hemi Crazy!
321 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
If you are trying to pop the glass, just put your finger tips under the bottom edge and pull it up not out. The glass sits in a little channel. It will pop up and off. I just had to swap out mine.

Drivers mirror wiggles and at higher speeds is hard to see out of. Any idea how to fix?
Can it be popped off and dealt with?

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, assuming I get the mirror off, I'll see if I can fix that too, although it's probably related to the motor inside the mirror, and the play in the gears....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Magnum said:
Drivers mirror wiggles and at higher speeds is hard to see out of. Any idea how to fix?
Can it be popped off and dealt with?

My drivers one does the same thing and it's noisy in the wind. Pax mirror is stable and quiet. Makes it hard to tell if the car coming up on you has cherries on top.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BLACKWOLF said:
BLACKWOLF, are they put on sort of like how a bed frame comes together? with a keyhole slot?

DonRam said:
My drivers one does the same thing and it's noisy in the wind. Pax mirror is stable and quiet. Makes it hard to tell if the car coming up on you has cherries on top.
very true...then again, my subs shake every mirror, and i'm usually jammin' out, so i'm pretty much screwed...

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
there is a tool for it i thought. there was a recall in the side mirrors and i saw the mechanic at the dealer do mine.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Totally Hemi Crazy!
321 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
there is a tool for it i thought. there was a recall in the side mirrors and i saw the mechanic at the dealer do mine.

I couldn't find any recall or tsb on it.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
johninaustin said:
BLACKWOLF, are they put on sort of like how a bed frame comes together? with a keyhole slot?

very true...then again, my subs shake every mirror, and i'm usually jammin' out, so i'm pretty much screwed...

Yes, exactly. With short slots. :)

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sweet, will look at it tomorrow, thanks man!

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I couldn't get the damn thing off, felt like I was gonna break it!

·
Registered
135 Posts
according to the manual; adjust the mirror so the glass is angled in towards inside of cab. You can see behind the glass where two clips holding the rear outside plastic of mirror housing are attached. you can pop two of the three total clips this way and with the back of the mirror housing off you can see the back of the motor assembly. There is a small clip at bottom of motor that the glass attaches to. Pop that clip then slide the glass up and off.

Good luck

Standard Mirror
(1) Position the mirror glass so that it’s facing in
toward the vehicle as far as possible. (Fig. 16)
(2) Disengage the rear housing cover retaining
tabs and remove the cover. (Fig. 17)
(3) Disengage the lower glass retaining tab to
motor. (Fig. 18)
(4) Slide glass up and remove from motor.
(5) Disconnect the two heated mirror electrical
connectors, if equipped.

Attachments

·
Banned
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow, I'm glad i checked back, this thread never showed up in e-mail or in my control panel that it was updated...I'll try this tonight or tomorrow

·
HEMINATOR
1,131 Posts
cphelan1 said:
Sorry, the only way I know to remove it to hit it with another mirror from another truck. ask Nick (AirRam). I've seen him execute this thrilling but dangerous maneuver once.
Sorry I can't help more.

Yeah that was my truck.... LOL... But its ok now... LAter... :rck:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.