DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im going to be looking at a 92 dakota w/ the 318 4x4 auto and i was wondering what kind of mileage these things get? Currently im driving a 95 Ford w/ the I6, and i only get about 12-13mpg. Im not expecting miracles out of a v8, but im wondering if i will get any better than this? Thanks for any help!

·
Troubleshooter
1,516 Posts
I've seen anywhere from 10-19 mpg's on the 318's, I get 12 w/ combo city/country driving

·
Registered
487 Posts
yeah its kinda all over the place. really depends on how you drive. in the snow i get 5. but we all know why that is. in the summer im usually around 9-10. but some report getting 16 and 17. i guess i drive more aggresive than most and like hearing my flowmasters out the side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My nephew had that same rig . He said he got average 17 mpg . He knew better than to lay a brick on the pedal ... LOL

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
I got 15, 19 when I first got her with 30k miles on her. 15 by the time I traded her for the Hemi Ram.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Never really calculated because Ill only cry. If im guessing I would says between 10-12 mpg. I never use the highways though.

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
Mileage will vary....keep in mind that it will depend what gears you have and what diameter tires your running. If I keep rpms below 2000rpm when accelerating and cruising I'll get 14mpg easily combined mileage on my newer Magnum 5.9L AWD with 3.92 gears and 30" tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.