DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a good place to find a console or something to replace the middle seat. Preferebly a speaker box or something like that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
big joe.. that's crazy... it must sound awesome!

i have the jl stealthbox, it was like 550.00, but well worth every penny. it's powered by a sony xplod 700w amp, and will shake the truck! i had to double dynamat the whole cab, and i'm still getting vibration rattles!

all you have to do is take out the center seat and console, take the console off the seat, remove the fabric and put it on the new box, then reverse the removal, you might have to relocate the auto seatbelt tensioner tho

don't expect comfort, the whole seat is now wood.. lol, but nobody really sits there anyways.. at least in my truck (althought the ladies seem to like it.. but that's another story)

bdr

·
Registered
150 Posts
bigdogrod said:
all you have to do is take out the center seat and console, take the console off the seat, remove the fabric and put it on the new box
bdr
Was this for a standard cab with the stock bench type seat? I just want to take the center seat and console out but noticed that the middle seat is kind of riveted to the outside seats. Any cutting involved?

·
Registered
69 Posts
there may be different versions, but mine is for the quad cab w/ the bucket seats, my center console is bolted to the floor

it looks like it will only fit the 40/20/40 split seats..

jlaudio's website: cliky

bdr

·
AJ Gtz
302 Posts
well...i have five 15's...only one installed in my truck...the other four are in process till this summer...still gotta build the box...

·
HEMI Power
993 Posts
tyretzlaff: check this out----------> Hot Box Link

The guy makes them for 2nd and 3rd Generation Rams. Mine is being shipped right now, but Racer Raul already has on in his truck. Here are some pics of his setup.

Page

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
that looks almost like the jl stealthbox.. is it any cheaper? also, what sub is that? i have the 12w3 and it will shake the truck :rck: .. i wanted the 12w7 but they said it's too deep

bdr

·
Registered
240 Posts
It is much cheaper, look up Hot Box on ebay, he sells them for $150, the box only

·
HEMI Power
993 Posts
I'm not sure what particular sub that is in the picture, because it is Racer Raul's and not mine. Mine is in the process of being shipped right now. But if you are interested, here is the link to the Hot Box sale on e-Bay:

Hot Box on eBay

I'll post pics of mine when I receive it.

Later,
Page

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm curious if a person could still build this himself for alot cheaper hmmm I'll check this out and send some pics if I do it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i tried messing with fiberglass once.. made more of a dam mess than anything else.. lol

i'll gladly pay what i did for the stealthbox...

bdr

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.