DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slammed1 this is directed to you, although anyone with experience can chime in.
i am wanting to take the middle leaf spring out and acheive a level look, is there a step by step to this procedure somewhere? i have searched and found the overload spring removal but nothing of the middle leaf.....any thing would be great

· Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!
549 Posts
Slammed did mine, he made it look easy. I do remember he had to shear off the alignment bolt on the leafs to make it fit right, and don't forget to use his shackles. Most important get the truck up high enough to use jack stands and then use your floor jack to take the tension off the spring. I'm sure Brian can explain it better, but I hope this helps.

· Hemi Power
2,004 Posts
I'll chime in here... I think you do keep the overload. And, the drop is like 3 1/2" I think. If i'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time...

· Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have access to a lift so the lifting high enough part is taken care of. Slammed1 do you have pics of the rolled pin that need to be trimmed? and also what do i need as far as pinion alignment? and the total amount lowered was 2-7/8" to about 3-1/4" depending on how it settles. i am planning to do this in the very near future(like tonight or tomorrow night) so thanks for the info so far...

· Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one other quick thing, if i were to remove the overload and the middle leaf what am i looking at as far as towing ability and ride? long term effects too...

· Yea It's a Hemi!!!!!
549 Posts
IMO I would not remove both, with just the middle leaf removed on my quad, it dropped it 3 good inches and it rides real nice, I don't tow but I have had it loaded down with concrete and it did fine. Definately get some better shocks with the drop or it will be too spongey. rolled pin yea that's what that thing was called, don't make me get out my claw hammer Slammed...

:thatfunny LMAO

· RAMSLT8
26 Posts
Here's a pic of my truck with S1S shackles and the center leaf removed. Took about 2 hours with a floor jack and stands. Also to make up for the payload loss I installed some Gabriel air shocks. Also removed the bump stops to avoid any bottoming out.

Attachments

· Registered
460 Posts
Looks great Ramslt8. That is exactly how I'd like my truck to look. When you trimmed the roll pin was it hard? I want to do it, but I'd have to use a hacksaw to trim it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.