DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know that awesome arm rest/middle cargo box between the drivers and the passengers seat? Well...mine is stuck in the up position and refuses to go back down with either finesse or brute force. All of my stuff (that used to be in there) is now flying all around the cab. Has anyone encountered this and how did you fix it? Help?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine started to do this the other day but it came down for some reason. I don't know if I had to lift up on it but it broke loose like I accidentally hit a lever or something. I will look at it when I go out for a break.

·
Registered
579 Posts
ok im not alone on this one mine does this once in a while but i can usually just pull upwards and shimmy it alittle and it comes back down.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
You know that awesome arm rest/middle cargo box between the drivers and the passengers seat? Well...mine is stuck in the up position and refuses to go back down with either finesse or brute force. All of my stuff (that used to be in there) is now flying all around the cab. Has anyone encountered this and how did you fix it? Help?
you might wanna loosen up the bolts on the side and see it that'll help:dunno:

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
ok here is the trick the push button that opens the armrest also unlocks it when its in the up position so it can be put back down found this out by accident one day i had the same problem put mine up and the da#@ thing wouldnt go back down wresseled with it for several min hit the button and poof it went down (its like spending 20min looking for your keys only to find them in your pocket)

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,705 Posts
the actual release button is on the left side down by the seatbelt its just a small piece you push on and it releases like a charm

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the replies. I've tried the shimmy, loosening the bolts, and looked for a release button (I can't find one on mine, and the lid release doesn't do it for mine). I wonder if it's just that mine is a little older ('97) and was before they installed a release button?

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
mine is a 97 and the release for the latch works on mine yours may be broken not sure

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if i'm standing at the front of the truck looking in, is it on the left or right?

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
it would be on the right side or driver side

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,705 Posts
ill post up pics of mine tomrorow when i have light, and i wake up

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would be awesome man. I'm not sure what I'm missing. I even took the plastic cover off looking for that thing.

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,705 Posts
ok...just be patient...i dont get off till 0300 and wont wake up till atleast 1030 if not later

·
Banned
50 Posts
thats weird...first I heard they get stuck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.