Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We are a Michigan based performance & accessories shop called Tru Power Motorsports. We are looking to bulid up a 93 dodge caravan for our demo/display vechile. We want to do alittle performance. Alot of audio/video. Some handling and etc. We were wondering where we could find parts (interior,exterior, performance,suspension and etc.) because we cant seem to find any from our dealers. We are looking for ideas also and any clubs/forums, Pictures etc. Please help us out! TPM

·
Registered
194 Posts
shelbydodgeimp said:
everything will have to be fabricated from scratch. Minivans like nonturbo2.x fwd mopars are ignored by the aftermarket parts retailers and manufacterers.
Yep...their marketing departments think soccer mom's don't want performance/custom parts. There might be a focus group or 3, involved too.

A few cat/exhausts are available, KYB makes a stiffer strut/shock combo, a couple of Sway-bar manufactures, custom head/tail lights/covers and custom wheels. That's about it. Of course that leaves custom built anything, paint, and the skillful taste for picking the right available parts...makes for a shoow-dawg van on the personal level. Like racing, it's how much ca$h ya got.

Performance would be a new cat and back exhaust using 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 max pipe. Remove the air box and make a cold air intake with cone filter. The throttle body can be bored. Sorry, I'm not up on that to give you the details.
You probably should put in a larger alternator to handle the audio gear.

Try Summit Racing.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you're thinking about lowering it, I've heard that struts from an '89 Daytona, bolt right in, and lower the front nicely. The rear would have to be full custom, made like using an axle kit for a trailer.....Brad

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know. I personally bought my 2000 because I got a slamming deal on it. I paid $2200 for it. It has 40 k miles. passenger side has $900 of body work needed. The company i work for got rid of all three. Anyhow, I bought it tgo replace my daily driver, a 2000 Jeep Cherokee sport. That thing was a gas sucker !!! Now I also own a mid 11 second 5.0 Mustang. That is my toy. I found this site while doing research on the caravan. I am amazed on how many people want to modify their daily driver. It's a minivan. :WHT:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not just a minivan, its a pimp van. Spacious , easy to do if you have a imagination but not much available for them. I run a shop and finally figured out what I am going to do. 89 daytona huh. I wonder if the lowering springs would work?

·
Registered
39 Posts
trupowermotors said:
its not just a minivan, its a pimp van. Spacious , easy to do if you have a imagination but not much available for them. I run a shop and finally figured out what I am going to do. 89 daytona huh. I wonder if the lowering springs would work?

good luck Bro., :rck: let me know when it gets in the 11's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.