DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a weird message on the EVIC today. It was on the last line and read "RKE Battery". At the same time my radio did that weird thing that I am sure all of us with the Satellite radio have seen. The volume control wouldn't work until I turn it off and turned it back on? Has anyone seen this message?

I am a little worried because about two months ago I had to take the car in for dimming headlights and the dealer told me that the pulled up a code that said the battery was bad. Sounded like BS to me, I personally think it's a bad module (there supposedly only 7) and will probably never get DC to really figure it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think your dealer was not BSing you re. lights and battery. Also, I think that EVIC message means you need to change the battery in your key (Remote Keyless Entry).

Apollo

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got that very same message this weekend. My Magnum is only 3 weeks old though. The message is not consistant. I saw it once about 4 days ago and haven't seen it since.

·
Registered
44 Posts
One word dude - dealer. They get paid for warranty work, you give them business. They give you attitude, give another dealer your business and tell the old one that you will not be back for any service, parts, accessories, or trade-ins. My dealers know me by my first name, therefor any issues get resolved very promptly, and I make sure to send in an occasional e-mail to the general manager with praise or buy a part or two from them, just to keep my name in their activity log.

Apollo

·
Registered
205 Posts
My friends who work at dealer shops (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) tell me that most shops make more on warranty jobs than customer jobs. (for the same job, not overall.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.