DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im interested in getting one of these for my 2000 durango... one for the grille and one for the bottom of the grille next to the foglamps. when i looked at the back of the grille, it seemed like the little plastic things that are holding the grille are melted on... is this right? also, does anyone know an easier way to put one on...? let me know... thanks!

Arsenio

·
"TRUCKIN"
269 Posts
mine is melted on

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man i really want one but it seems too complicated to put on... do they usually give it to you as a set already? or do we still have to cut it up on our own? ahhh... i wanna get one already...

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
not hard at all. Get yourself a dremmel and go for it

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
A dremel:

To answer your earlier question, some come where you have to cut and others come pre-cut and with all needed hardware. Just ask the seller beforehand. Be sure before you put it on that you use an extension for your hood release otherwise you won't be able to get your hood open.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
hcop33 said:
whats a dremmel lol...
two many m's lol:thatfunny you know what I ment....

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
I thought that was the way it was spelled too rock until I did a google picture search. Then it told me the correct spelling. :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
i tried the "cheap" route on grille inserts,and bought some crappy Grilletech inserts and ended up spending more and getting the Street Scene brushed aluminumn inserts.... the cheap ones looked exactly that, cheap!! they looked like A$$... just an opinion, but dont get the inserts that are designed to sit flat on top of the factory grille.... cut the old crappy lookin pieces of plastic out, and buy a good quality insert..... you'll thank me later..

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
I didn't use a dremmmel on mine, I just pulled from one side and the melted bits popped off.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I used a Dremel on mine and it was easy, it was the only mod, I installed that went on without a problem, it also caused the hood to fly up on the highway at 75 mph, but that was due to hood latch failure, not the inserts.

·
Registered
834 Posts
You don't need a dremmel. Just pull hard up on one edge and snap it all off by hand. Destruction is easier then construction.......

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whats the street scene? sorry, im a virgin when it comes to car parts... i just recently got my durango and want to fix it up thats why...

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
hcop33 said:
whats the street scene? sorry, im a virgin when it comes to car parts... i just recently got my durango and want to fix it up thats why...
it's all good here it is.

Attachments

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
You can get the Street Scene inserts for $159 from truckperformance.com and $169 (shipped) from socaldakota.com. That's for the grill inserts and lower valance. Those are the two best prices that I've found.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
god damn! those are pretty pricy... but i sure would want high quality mesh... you think it makes a difference if i get the after market ones on ebay?

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
There is a difference. But then again, it is a matter of taste. Some people like the look of the thinner mesh, in which case you should go with the BBP ones on ebay. The SS inserts are more of a flat surface and thicker.

The ones on ebay are generally more of a wire mesh. There is one ebay seller that occassionally has ones that are thicker and similar to Street Scenes, but I don't see any that he/she has for sale right now.

I agree with you though. I think the prices on these things are a bit ridiculous. Compared to the prices I've paid for other, much more elaborate things for my D, I really do think that the Street Scene inserts are extremely overpriced, considering that time and materials for such a product are probably around $10.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.