DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has recieved an offer from a company in Syracuse, New York that she is seriously considering taking. I am a full-time father to our kids, so I'm all for it(I want to have seasons again and Texas seems to only have 2 seasons).

My question is in relation to my lowered 2wd Dodge Ram that I absolutely love. While I understand that a lowered truck may not be the taste of some of you, my question centers on being able to drive it in the winter. I would much rather keep it and finish the work I want to do with it, but I am willing to take it back to stock and trade for a 4wd as well. I was raised in Colorado and can drive in snow very well.

I understand the snow to be heavy in wet in the Syracuse area. As long as we have access to another vehicle for the very difficult days, could I live with a 2wd up there? How many "difficult" days are there, rough guess, in the winter? Is fall really as beautiful as everyone says up in the north-east?

Todd

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yes, it can be done very easily as long as the driver has experience driving in the snow. I have made it sucessfully in two seperate winters in my fathers two wheel drive just fine. You will want to add some weight but other than that you'll be fine.

·
OldPhart
128 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems. They have only recieved 5 ft. of snow just north of Syracuse the last couple of days !!!!!

:thatfunny

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
OldPhart said:
You shouldn't have any problems. They have only recieved 5 ft. of snow just north of Syracuse the last couple of days !!!!!

:thatfunny
:thatfunny That's about normal for this time of year.:D Ya gotta love those Lake effect storms...:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.