DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had any experience with this combination. Since I plan on running Nitrous and the Mopar PCM has known problems with this I will be going with the Crane HI-6DI2 CD Ignition Kit, and the MegaSquirt ECU.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Why the Crane? Just use the MS with the MSnS Extra package that reads the Neon crank signal. 100% control of fuel and spark, no extras needed. Built in things like fuel pressure cutoff, soft rev limiter (cuts spark, not fuel), and stuff make the MS very nitrous friendly... I'd love to go this route - probably will since my S-AFR got stolen...

Best of luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RadarLove said:
Why the Crane? Just use the MS with the MSnS Extra package that reads the Neon crank signal. 100% control of fuel and spark, no extras needed. Built in things like fuel pressure cutoff, soft rev limiter (cuts spark, not fuel), and stuff make the MS very nitrous friendly... I'd love to go this route - probably will since my S-AFR got stolen...

Best of luck!
Thanks for the info, I was originally looking at just the MS, and had gotten my crane a while back. But as I read up more on the MS I may just eliminate the Crane as you suggest. I'm still looking at the MS vs. MSII. I know that with the MS I would need the MSnS but I'm unclear if this is required with the MSII. I will be contacting the guys @ RS to ask.

Thanks, I will keep you informed on the progress once I get to this stage. Just got my head back and need to start the P&P work, so that will keep my busy for the next week.

·
Registered
493 Posts
From what I understand, the MSnS Extra software does not currently work with the MSII chip. And the MSII chip doesn't support the Neon's crank signal as is. I agree that the MSII is a nice upgrade. Fixes may be possible to make it work. But most everything we want will be available when UMS is finally released.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.