DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking for a remote starter (and eventually alarm system) on my '06 MegaCab 2500 with Cummins... :)
Presently I have the Mopar remote starter installed @ dealership (came with new vehicle purchase deal) and is not worth a ...bit ! ! ! ! Here in Calgary, AB BEst Buy is offering the Command Start CS 386i HF, and Future Shop has CompuStar 2W8000FMR (for extra $200)...

Could anybody tell me if remote starters are giving headaches installed on Ram2500 diesels? Anybody know anything about these two brands of remote starters on this truck model?

Thanks ! :cool:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I would go with like a Viper or something high end since Diesel starters need to be good. Do not let a place like Best Buy or future shop install a starter though, they have no idea what they are doing. Take it to a shop that ONLY does alarms/starters.

·
Registered
99 Posts
mocho said:
I would go with like a Viper or something high end since Diesel starters need to be good. Do not let a place like Best Buy or future shop install a starter though, they have no idea what they are doing. Take it to a shop that ONLY does alarms/starters.

i agree i putted a viper is the best go viper or clifford got nothing alse to say just try it!!!!!!! got a lot of futures like i press *andaux together with the truck running remove the key and the truck stays runing for 3 minutes wich is good for the turbo

·
Registered
224 Posts
The best one's out there are the Astrostart and the Viper. They are also the most expensive. The only difference between the ones for gasser's and Diesel's is that the Diesel's have a relay added that won't start the truck untill after the 'wait to start' light is off, they are not seperate units. All of the other features are programmable either at install or with the remote.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ram4477 said:
The best one's out there are the Astrostart and the Viper. They are also the most expensive. The only difference between the ones for gasser's and Diesel's is that the Diesel's have a relay added that won't start the truck untill after the 'wait to start' light is off, they are not seperate units. All of the other features are programmable either at install or with the remote.

that is not true u have no clue of what u are talking about my tuck starts up just like a gasser!!!!!!!!!!!!! it doesnt need to wait for start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been running it for since may 05 i know about this!!!!!!!!!! :rck:

·
Registered
224 Posts
that is not true u have no clue of what u are talking about my tuck starts up just like a gasser!!!!!!!!!!!!! it doesnt need to wait for start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been running it for since may 05 i know about this!!!!!!!!!!
And you live in Florida, it get's to what 60 degree's in the winter? It was -12 this morning here and will soon be much colder. Jump in and just turn the key and you will not be going anywhere. You need to prewarm them when it is cold just like anything else with a diesel engine. I've been running equipment and driving diesel trucks for 15+ years. Get a clue........

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Ram4477 said:
And you live in Florida, it get's to what 60 degree's in the winter? It was -12 this morning here and will soon be much colder. Jump in and just turn the key and you will not be going anywhere. You need to prewarm them when it is cold just like anything else with a diesel engine. I've been running equipment and driving diesel trucks for 15+ years. Get a clue........
You are exactly right. Anybody that thinks you can start a CTD in the winter without waiting for the air box to heat up is in for a rude awakening.

As for remotes, I have the AutoStart and have used it on my last 4 trucks with no problems starting in the winter.

·
Registered
479 Posts
LOL @ rotary

My 2 cents goes to Astrostart...because of the remote in arctic conditions out performs the others

·
Registered
1 Posts
MEGACUMMINS- I also have a dealer installed Chrysler Command Star-what a peice of junk! Short range, no indication of activation and short run time....I wonder in anyone has the programmers manual to help us tweak it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.