DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market and torn, I want the low tone but want a quiet cab similar to stock.
Did you keep the cat? Did you keep the resonator? What muffler did you drop in. How did you make it fit? Lets see some pics and explanation on what you did.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Me too. I want more sound but not too loud. I also don't want to spend the $$'s on a new exhaust system. Is the "thingy" in from of my muffler a cat or a resonator? I'm thinking of removing one or the other and trying that out. Which should I remove? THANKS and sorry to piggyback silkywoods.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking under the Mega Cab it goes cat(up front), muffler, then resonator (right over the rear axel).
Mega Cabs need them due to the larger cabs and to kill any exhaust drone.
From what I hear the stock resonators are not very restrictive, if at all. The problem lies with the muffler and the cat. I am leaning towards keeping the cat to stay legal and not have to worry about emissions later down the road.
So what muffler to get? I'm looking at Aero Turbine 4040 or 4040XL, MBRP or Magnaflow.
In a perfect world get a cat delete pipe and replacement muffler, and throw on a chrome tip and call it a day. We have 4" pipe already. Like I said, I would rather leave the cat.
Are there high flow cats to replace the stock one?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a few mod pics that I've done to my '07 >>>

First thing I did was remove the silencing ring in the turbo. It didn't make a big difference in the cab as far as sound. Next was the cold air intake. Once it was in, the whistle was quite loud... :gr_patrio. Yesterday, I installed a 4" T-304 MBRP cat- back.

There was a huge difference in cab noise with the cat-back installed. Not so bad it can't be lived with though. It puts out a very deep rumble when at idle. Stomp on it and it roars like a diesel should.

You can see in the one picture I also installed a Hellwig anti-sway bar in the rear. WoW ! what a difference it makes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the MBRP 5" exhaust with no cat and a 6 inch tip. I love the way it sounds, it is pretty loud around town, but when you get it on the highway you never hear it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.