DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the new RAM come with a Mega Cab option in the near future? I was looking for one of the previous models but really like the new ones. My 2k3 Durango is getting a little long in the tooth so I will be looking to upgrade soon.
:cool:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
"New" as in '09s? Or whenthe 4G HDs come out?

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
I don't think Dodge will ever offer the Mega Cab after the 2010 HD Re-design:(

·
Registered
287 Posts
MY 2008 was the last year of the Mega's in the 1500-Segment, and MY 2009 will be the last year for the Mega's in the 2500/3500-Segment. When the Heavy-Duty's are redesigned for MY 2010, the largest cab will most-likely be Dodge's new Crew Cab (found on the new 1500's)

The Mega's are done. It was a good idea on Dodge's part, but very short-lived.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
I know when it comes time to trade or sell mine, I will miss it

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
126 Posts
With the introduction of the crew cab it makes the mega cab redundant. I believe its toast...

·
Registered
287 Posts
On the plus side, at least Dodge will finally be offering a "real" crew cab with the option of a long bed.

One of the huge minuses (sp?) of the Mega Cab was that it was only offered with a short bed...due to Dodge not wanting to produce a longer frame.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
if you want a mega cab long bed....no problem. Mirada did it:D

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,355 Posts
When I was at the Utah Auto Show last weekend, the rep I spoke with said if we see things we like or don't like, we need to send that info to Dodge/Chrysler. He told me that was what brought about a lot of the changes we see in the 09 half-tons. If I had known that, I'd have screamed for a stick shift.
MirandaMegaCab, I might have to follow suit, but by making my own RAMboxes...

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I liked the Mega Cab but too many people thought it was like driving a school bus and the western/southern rancher wants a long bed. The crew is roomy enough

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
From what I have read the only difference between the all new CrewCab and the mega cab is behind the rear seat storage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh no, the megacab lives, they will return in 2010 in the HD models for sure. THey have spy photos in one of my latest Diesel Mags, I'll look to see which one it's in and let you know. I love the megacab, but would not want one w/ a teeny tiny little bitty hemi in it.:D

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
That is NOT the mega cab, that is the Crew Cab. Take a good look at the picture.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
From what I have read the only difference between the all new CrewCab and the mega cab is behind the rear seat storage.
The new Crew Cab is a smaller inside than the Mega, but bigger than our current crew cab model (I've sat all three configurations). In the Mega I can have the driver seat all the way back, and my knees do not touch the back of the seat. In the new crew, my knees do touch the seat. In the current crew (3rd Generation) I barely fit in the back seat. Granted, I'm 6'9" so I'm not the normal model for back seats, but the Mega is the biggest.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
yeah those pics in the mags Dodge put that camo on to make it look like a current mega

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.