DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight i was just driving along with three other people in my truck and i go past an intersection that had a CTD 2500 in the turn lane. So i keep on going and i look in my rear view and see he is on my butt. So he sling shots around me and he is from out of town...he had it looked like 33" mud tires...stock exhaust...and a 3 guage A-Piller. So we finally get to a stop light and line up....the light turns green and i punch it and i pull on him til he is at my rear bumper and he stays at my bumper til 85MPH when i let off cause there were cars in front of me. Once i let off he blew past me.....now with all that said....Am i dreaming or did i just beat a diesel or was he sandbaggin....i was expecting him to blow me away. Please dont think im making this up becasue im not....i was really suprised how well my truck did aginst his CTD.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Well, with your times you will beat me :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
You had him I bet he was giving it all it had. I finally lined up with my buds 01 reg cab diesel with 33's. He has an old bully dog unit on it and an automatic. With my 05 Powerwagon which is completely stock I left him sitting.

Shay

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The CTD that i raced was an 02-05. I honestly thought he was goin to smoke me. I heard the turbo spool up and i was like uh oh...however it was nice to smoke an out of towner.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
If it was a 3rd Gen it was an 03 to 05. 02 was still the old body style in the 2500/3500's

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
Diesels are not that fast stock, they are used for towing not racing. If he was modded then thats another story.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That to me is pretty suprising because all I have ever heard is that the diesel's are so fast even stock....But it is nice to whoop someone thats not from your hometown...congrats

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Diesels are "fast" for their size. Getting a CTD into the 14's is an accomplishment considering they are 7000 pounds and better.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a 3rd Gen CTD. What does a 3rd gen CTD run stock in the 1/4 mi?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have weighed my truck and with a full tank of diesel and two people in the truck it weighed 7600 lbs. I have no idea what my truck would run in the 1/4 mile because I didn't buy it for that but I do know my wife's truck won't beat it.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
lpfan4life85 said:
It was a 3rd Gen CTD. What does a 3rd gen CTD run stock in the 1/4 mi?
Stock they run mid to high 17's but spend a couple hundred dollars and they run low to mid 15's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.