DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2004 Ram 1500 with a 5.7L Hemi Egr Engine. It is Non MDS, the motor blew up on me recently so ive located a new one.

I found a steal of a deal from a 2006 Durango 5.7L Egr with only 100,00 miles on it. Unfortunately i purchased it and later foumd out that its a MDS engine.

My question is how do i go about converting this new motor to my 2004 Ram so that its set up as a non MDS engine. Any and all parts needed for the swap, any specifocs and pointers please help. Thank you.

·
Red Trucker
2,241 Posts
If you install it as it is it will work just fine. If you wanna removed the lifters you'll have to pull the heads off then replace the solenoids .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply, i have a question? Do i just leave the Mds solenoids where they are in the block or do i need to get the delete plugs? In place of the seloniods. One last question, does anyone know the bolt size for the transmission to engine mount. I wanna get the motor on a stand but the engine i brought disnt come with the bolts so idk the size and can't find the info anywhere.

·
Red Trucker
2,241 Posts
As answered in your PM, leave the solenoids in if you aren't replacing the lifters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts