DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 dodge ram hemi 5.7, started misfiring in cyl 6, dealer said due to wrong oil with mds system, has anyone else had this trouble? how much was it to repair and what was replaced in the eng.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The wrong oil will prevent it from going into MDS...but it shouldn't cause a mis-fire. I'm assuming you've replaced the spark plugs in # 6 and swapped out the ign. coil from another cylinder and it's stayed the same. If it's a constant misfire my guess is a broken valve spring or spring damper.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Typically a compression & leak down test of the cylinder would be the first step before just pulling a cylinder head (approximately 1hr at what ever your shops labor rate is)...or do you mean pulling the valve cover when you say open up the heads? If you only have a mis-fire on cylinder 6 that means only the RH valve cover needs to come off. Then possibly the cyl. head if a valve is found to be wounded. Are you out of warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes valve cover comes off today, and of course i'm out of warranty?, since 2006 only have 3, 36 bumber to bumber? unlike 2005 that have 7, 70 and 2007 that have unlimited? will see what happens today, thanks for your replys and I will update everyone as soon as the shop gets back with me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.