DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Time Burner
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I installed the McGaughty's Deluxe 2/4 lowwring kit. At first it seemed to ride bumpy in the rear, which was the bumpstops and they were changed with the right ones. Now I have another problem, or at least I think it is. I can hit the smallest hole in the road and the steering wheel will literally jerk to the diection of the tire tht hit it. It didn't do this when it was stock. The steering doesn't feel as stiff as it was before to me. Also, when I hit a bump, it hits hard as if there is no suspension at all. Rides like a block wagon. Oh and this is just in the front. Am I just feeling stuff or does it sound like a problem?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I Have the exact same problem

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
If your on stock shocks thats a normal symptom.Get some drop shocks.Will make it a WHOLE lot better.Slammed one sells some.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
I have belltech nitro actives and so does my buddy. We are both lowered 2/4. I have a QC and he has a RC rumblebee and we both suffer from this same problem.

·
mafosa
824 Posts
yep! bilstein full lenth shocks, with those shock extentions.. much better ride. good luck on your decision.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I've got all stock shocks... shock extensions in the rear (and in the right place too;)) and been aligned... and I've got the same issue where it'll want to wander when hitting a bump. There's been a couple times that if you're not payine real close attnetion... it could get pretty ugly.

Shorter shocks are the fix?

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
I've got all stock shocks... shock extensions in the rear (and in the right place too;)) and been aligned... and I've got the same issue where it'll want to wander when hitting a bump. There's been a couple times that if you're not payine real close attnetion... it could get pretty ugly.

Shorter shocks are the fix?
Yea if your not paying attention it will throw you into a wall or another truck. it could get pretty ugly pretty fast. I already have shorter shocks and that doesnt work

·
09 HEMI
5,964 Posts
I have the same problem here with my 24s. I kinda noticed it, especially after reading the thread. I do need to replace my stock shocks.. but I am having that problem. *I have aligned it several times and have the spindles up front.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.