Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from a report in the "Car Connection":

The ultra-luxurious Maybach will slide a bit on the sales charts next year, a report in a German newspaper suggests. The paper, Germany's Handelsblatt, quotes Mercedes chief Eckhard Cordes as saying the demand for the Maybach 57 and 62 sedans will drop below the estimated 500 units sold last year. Reuters adds that Maybach may only have sold 67 cars in the first quarter, based on market research. In addition to trying to boost Maybach sales, Cordes is dealing now with drops in quality at Mercedes (though the brand experienced a turnaround in the latest J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey) and the financial woes at smart.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
In my opinion, they need to axe both Smart and Maybach, and put that money into developing better Mercedes-Benzes.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
My next door neighbor has a 4-door Maybach. Not sure the model, but I wanna say 62 or 67 - almost 100% sure its a 67. Its fairly new...maybe last October. Them things are damn ugly, but also damn fast. Don't they have like a 500+HP V12??? But still, I would take a 300 anyday over that.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
good Lord Ryan, you're neighbor has as Maybach? Aren't those things super expensive $$$?? I love those cars. If only I had a chauffer (sp), lol

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
RammingDodge said:
good Lord Ryan, you're neighbor has as Maybach? Aren't those things super expensive $$$?? I love those cars. If only I had a chauffer (sp), lol
Ya....he is a loser though. Well, a smart loser. He finds women with money, marries them, then divorces them. He just "cheated" on what we think was his 4th wife. So I'm sure he has some green put back.

He doesn't even take care of it. Parks it outside in all weather. God forbid the thing has seen a bath (other than rain)....I don't even want to imagine the inside. Probably got straw wrappers crammed up on the dash. Its sad....

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
ah man, that sucks for the car...lol, the women too. Go steal it from him, we can keep it at my place :D

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
RammingDodge said:
ah man, that sucks for the car...lol, the women too. Go steal it from him, we can keep it at my place :D
That may work. Good thing it doesn't have any badges....I know this one that wants to bed-liner everything.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
man, I was hoping I could roughneck it out. oh well. I'm sure I could add a bull bar to it or something?!! What do you think????

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
maybe some big KC lites or some mudders...yeah, that would work!!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
It's a near-$300,000 car, in case anyone was wondering.....

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
oh yeah, I know, lol

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
FreeLantz said:
It's a near-$300,000 car, in case anyone was wondering.....
Geez! I guess he milked the hell out of his wifes...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
that's why I can't believe he doesn't take care of it. That's insane!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.