DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody matched tails with their truck color? Think that would look smooth as hell, but the problem is how? I asked a dude at some custom autobody place here in hickville, and he looked at me as if he was very confused. I asked if there was a special transparent paint and he replied "No", he said he hasn't even heard of anything like that. He said that the lights would never show through the paint. Anybody? Would love to do this. Thanks for any info.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
yep no problem, look in our sponsors section for Unique Coatings, the can probably hook you up

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
wow, the ones on the link posted look nice. i have seen a bunch of trucks down here with that done. but, they are nowhere near as transparent as those. you can barely see the light shining through the ones down here. even the smoked ones are very dark.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I believe dominion_tx has done it before also.

·
GROUNDED
1,457 Posts
LOL thanks Quietpeen, and yes i have done several sets in different colors and i also did the blue trucks tailights linked above.

I work for Nick @ www.airram.com and i do believe he has some silver [email protected] colormatched lights (headlights and tailights) for sale.

Please keep in mind if you do colormatch them you need to buy some red reflective tape (1" wide) and put a stripe or two on the back of your truck (maybe lower glass) to remain legal. The way i do these it hinders the rear reflector which must remain visable up to 200FT.

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.