DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my steering box needs adjusting or replaced but,,when i brake,,it pulls so much to left,,at 35mph,,i f i slam on brakes,,i can literally almost make a left hand turn from the pull,,i jacked it up and both calipers are returning(rotors,pads and calipers new as of may ),,pads and rotors look great,,what could this be,,

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
you can check to see if the hoses are possibly collapsing by opening the bleeders and see how much flow is coming out of both sides(no pedal pressure) and compare. Also this sounds like a definate brake problem BUT if you have a really bad suspension part like a tie rod or idler arm/pitman arm this can cause this also. Jack both front wheels up at the same time,have a friend apply the brakes as you spin the wheels to see if both are engaging and releasing. IF the truck is pulling left hard your right side brake is generally the culprit by not working correctly.Judging by the parts list you are tlaking about being replaced,I would guess brake hoses are time to be replaced.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for quick reply,,i will try that tomorrow,,i did the first step(applying and turning, all seemed fine) but that was with no load,,can that be the difference?brake line collapsing ,huh?,,exactly,,how do i know if thats it?,,bleed them? what do i look for,,a certain amount of brake fluid? compared to other side? thanks

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
opening the bleeders with no pedal pressure with the master cylinder cover open will let gravity bleed the brakes for you........just do each front separate and watch the amount of fluid dripping from each and copmpare.

Also the slides the brake caliper rides on must be free and slide nicely........if the caplier wont slide back and forth with no pressure applied then you have to get them free floating before you can go further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.