DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping around for an 09 Sport and have found some great deals, but my lease isn't up until April. Has any one heard if EPP is going to be extended into March? Dealers are saying it currently expires on March 2. Or has anyone heard if the deals could possibly get better?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I haven't heard anything, but considering how few of these trucks are still on the road I wouldn't be surprised to see them extend it. I'm sure Dodge still has a big inventory of these trucks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Last weekend, I ordered a RCSB SLT, and locked down the Employee Price. Rebates, etc will be what ever is available at the time of delivery.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm trying to figure out when the prices will bottom out and start heading back up toward the sticker. I'm at almost 13k off sticker now. I know the companies are hurting badly now but I'm thinking that once they start selling some trucks, they'll let the prices start creeping up. Even if the employee pricing and discounts continue, do you think they'll actually get any better than right now?

·
Registered
153 Posts
If I could add on to this thread for a related question... I gave the dealer a $1,000 to order an 09 RAM 1500 SLT to my specs. When I did that (about 6 weeks ago) they had incentives of $1,000, cash back of $1,000 which sales guy said was locked in. If I go to Dodge.com and build my own truck, it shows these two discounts and employee discount of something like $5,000. When truck is delivered in about a week or two, should I expect them to tell me I can't get employee discount because I ordered it before the discount was available? In other words, will I have to cancel (not accept) the truck then start everything all over to get price on the truck??? Is this up to negotiation or should this be a given? Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am shopping around for an 09 Sport and have found some great deals, but my lease isn't up until April. Has any one heard if EPP is going to be extended into March? Dealers are saying it currently expires on March 2. Or has anyone heard if the deals could possibly get better?

I was in the same situation. when I bought mine the dealer paid my last 2 payments. They sold it to me with all the discounts before they came out with the employee ++ because I was a lease return. BTW I still have me lease for another month.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was told I could lock in the employee price but not the current 500.00 cash back on the RCSB, and that it would be whatever is currently available at delivery time. Best thing to do is talk over the delivered price of the truck with the salesmen, and sales manager. I signed a price sheet when I paid my down that stated the price I purchased at.

·
Registered
153 Posts
When I signed to order and gave them check for $1,000 there was no Employee Price Discount of $5,000. I hope to get truck in a week or so. Is anyone in same situation? Can I push/demand the Employee Price Discount? We're talking over $2,000 here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been told that when you order you lock in the current incentives. If the deals are better when you take delivery, you can take advantage of them. Several dealers have told me this here in CT.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have been told that when you order you lock in the current incentives. If the deals are better when you take delivery, you can take advantage of them. Several dealers have told me this here in CT.
This is what my dealer has told me and I have a great relationship with my dealer and sales person.

No way I'm going to beat Employee Pricing, $7000 in rebates and 48 months at 0%.

0% financing can save you 6-8k in finance charges alone!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just ordered a 2009 Power Wagon a few hours ago. I was told I got the employee pricing, plus $3000 incentives, plus another $1000 incentive for using Chrysler financing, plus the 0% interest for 48 months, and that all of this is locked in even though I wont take delivery of the truck for 6 to 8 weeks. All total there were almost $12,000 in discounts.

MoparToYou

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sweet! I like what I am hearing. Thanks everyone. ABout 10 days and counting until my 09 arrives. :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
This is right on. Don't let the dealer BS you. You get the incentives at time of order or if they get better, the ones at delivery.

Good luck with your new trucks!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Thats right or you can said bye, bye give me my money back if you gave.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just ordered a 2009 Power Wagon a few hours ago. I was told I got the employee pricing, plus $3000 incentives, plus another $1000 incentive for using Chrysler financing, plus the 0% interest for 48 months, and that all of this is locked in even though I wont take delivery of the truck for 6 to 8 weeks. All total there were almost $12,000 in discounts.

MoparToYou
What are the incentives you are getting that add up to $3000? What area are you in, my local incentive is only Customer Cash Allowance $1,000 + $1000 for Chrysler financing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would like to know how you are getting up to 12000 dollars off msrp also. are you factoring in the 0 % as a 5000 savings or something?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't know what the incentives are actually called, but that is what came up on the computer screen when the dealer put the order in. There is the employee discount, plus two separate incentives of $1500 each, plus an incentive of $1000 for Chysler financial, plus 0% interest. I'm in Utah by the way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I learned location matters. I priced my truck through www.dodge.com "build your vehicle" option. Put in zip code to find local discounts/incentives. A friend told me about www.carsdirect.com also if your looking for info on prices/deals out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
$51,000 truck for $37,700

I saved a crap load of money on my dodge. Love it so far. It won't get any better than what's offered right now; unless they shut down.

Schmidt

·
Registered
158 Posts
They sent me an employee price flyer in the mail this week...Also a note saying I had been approved for like 26k in financing through Chrysler Financial....And a owner loyalty discount...I am still gonna wait a while longer maybe till the Hybrid is available...They are gonna deal guys because they ain't selling...No one is selling anything right now so it is a good time to be a buyer if you are in a position to do so...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.