DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 GC. I need to drop the front half of the headliner for sound deadoning. How do you remove the map light? Started to mess with it--it doesn't appear to snap in, I assume the lenses have to come out--but ran out of time. Hopefully someone can save me a PITA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have the ceiling assembly that has the trip computer, glasses holder and the area for the garage door opener then all you have to do to remove it it to remove the screw in the garage door opener section then push back the retainer in the glasses part while you pull the assemble down. Once the assembly pivots down all you would have to do then is to is lift it at the front end and disconnect the wires going to the lights and trip computer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
>>If you have the ceiling assembly that has the trip computer

Nope not me, my GC isn't that special.

Pushing up on the headliner, on the aft side of the light reveals--MiniMag helps--4 metal clips that can be squeezed with a nice long pair of needle nose pliers. The headliner doesn't give enough to reach them from the front, it's easier once the rear pair are released.

I assume the mid and rear lights are fastend in a similar fashion.

Someone decided my light only needed 3 clips, and went ahead and broke one of hinges on a lens for me.

Surely they could have engineered a better way to access the light bulb. I hate prying on thin plastic parts.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Actually in my '98 if you just remove the lense from either of the rear dome lights the whole assembly almost falls out

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>>Actually in my '98 if you just remove the lense from either of the rear dome lights >>the whole assembly almost falls out

I'll find out soon. Just removing the visors, light, and A-column covers didn't give me enough room, so next comes the seat belts and mid-mounted dome. I was expecting the headliner to sag more. I'm mostly after the flat spot above the driver and passenger seats, the rest of the roof has some ridges so it's probably not resonating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.