DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the manual exhaust cutout's? They're operated by a cable that routes into the cab, almost like a manual choke cable? I haven't been able to find one in 3" but, I'm still looking.
 

·
Hemi2nV
Joined
·
7,813 Posts
Why not get the QTP ecletric exhaust cut outs. All you have to do is weld in the cut out. And run the wiring harness into the truck with a switch. I would think its a better idea. Maybe a little more expensive but worth the money. Thats what im going to do when i get a chance.

BB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
chrisd0729 said:
Has anyone tried the manual exhaust cutout's? They're operated by a cable that routes into the cab, almost like a manual choke cable? I haven't been able to find one in 3" but, I'm still looking.
I have the QTP electric cutout, and I would recommend that you get an electric one...they are much more fun to use. Most of the manual cutouts I have seen lately have a plate that you bolt on and off to open the cutout. I haven't seen the cable operated cutouts in a while.
 

·
Hemi2nV
Joined
·
7,813 Posts
mjfikac, do you have one cutout or two. Im guessing if you have one that you have moved the cats so you can get the cutout in because to go behind the cats you would have to move them becasue of the bend in the pipe. Im thinking about getting an exhaust shop to make me a new Y pipe and move my cats about a foot forward so i can put a cutout behind each cat to give me some straight pipes then run a short piece of pipe from each cutout under each door. What do you think? Or would it be better to remove the two cats and just use one right infront of the muffler then out a cutout in right behind it? Suggestions? How did you do yours?

BB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
summit racing has some manual exhaust cut outs
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
I have an electric cutout and its BADASS! I got my from DMHPERFORMANCE.com for around $120 shipped. They are awesome...and the QTP's are awesome too!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
I only have 1 cutout because I have an 03. It is mounted on the back of my y-pipe. As long as you put the cutout in front of your muffler, you will see a gain...but if you put it in front of your cat, the gains are amazing. It has made a huge difference on my truck. Look in my sig. at my small list of mods and high dyno numbers. That cutout has a lot to do with it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
mjfikac said:
.but if you put it in front of your cat, the gains are amazing.
When I had mine installed, the shop said it was illegal to have put on in front of the cat. Is that true? If not, I want to move mine!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
When I had mine installed, the shop said it was illegal to have put on in front of the cat. Is that true? If not, I want to move mine!!!
It's causing a bypass of an emission control item, so it probably is illegal. However, if where you live you don't have to have inspections and even if you did, just close it before the inspection.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
Shamrock said:
It's causing a bypass of an emission control item, so it probably is illegal. However, if where you live you don't have to have inspections and even if you did, just close it before the inspection.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
will having the cutout in front of the cat converter and o2 censor cause your check engine light to come on?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
rebel07 said:
will having the cutout in front of the cat converter and o2 censor cause your check engine light to come on?
Hope not!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
rebel07 said:
will having the cutout in front of the cat converter and o2 censor cause your check engine light to come on?
YES!!! Your check engine light will come on, but will not cause any damage to your truck. I have been running around with the light on for months now, and the truck is strong as always. An o2 simulator will fix that problem though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
ok thanks, i have just heard that it will effect the performance of you truck if your o2 sensor sets your check engine light off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
rebel07 said:
ok thanks, i have just heard that it will effect the performance of you truck if your o2 sensor sets your check engine light off
If the light hurts performance, then I have one hell of a truck...because I run consistent 8.80's with the check engine light on.
 

·
ASE approved
Joined
·
8,859 Posts
cant you just reset the computer to turn off the check engine light?? i dont know i have never had my light on and never tryed. but its just a thought
 

·
All Around Great Guy
Joined
·
12,674 Posts
Engine & Performance > Exhaust Cut-Outs > DODGE > 2004 > Ram 1500 >



Please Select From The Following:


Please Note: This Product is not Make, Year, Model Specific.

MR GASKET Exhaust Cut-Outs




Retail Price:

Your Low Price:










Information


Now you can manually control the flow of your vehicle's exhaust either thru the stock exhaust system or straight out the pipe, with an exhaust cut-out from Mr. Gasket. Made from durable cast iron, the exhaust cut-out will accept 2 inch O.D. exhaust pipes, though it can be used on other size tubing thru the use of adapters/reducers (not included). Brazing is required. Each cut-out is complete with a control cable and installation instructions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That Mr. Gasket manual cutout is the one I keep finding but, I can't find a manual cable operated cutout for 3".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I'm looking to put an electric cutout right after my headers, before my exhaust on my 04 1500 QC Hemi 4x4. Will I need a dual 3" setup? Which electric cutout is the best?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
talnus said:
I'm looking to put an electric cutout right after my headers, before my exhaust on my 04 1500 QC Hemi 4x4. Will I need a dual 3" setup? Which electric cutout is the best?

Thanks!
Yes...You will need a dual 3 setup unless you get a y-pipe and run a single exhaust. I dont know which cutout is the best, but I have no complaints about my QTP cutout...quicktimeperformance.com!!!
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top